The student party city

Freiburg im Breisgau Travel Blog

October 4

I woke up slowly from Ulrike's place and we discussed while having breakfast. Finally later by the afternoon she drove me to the rasthof by the highway down to Freiburg from which I could start hitch-hiking.

The sun was there and the temperature was great. It took me a while before I got motivated enough to ask people and that I found a lift. I manage to get a lift in a swiss car with a swiss-german lady who finally brought me to the entrance of Freiburg and with whom I got to practise some german.

From then on, it took me a while before finding the way with the trams. Finding a city map where I could look the name of the cities to reach Wibke's place.

After a while I did so find the place and walk there. I arrived nearly at the same time than Wibke and could bne there for the evening mainly making a little thing to eat after having gone to the nearest grocery store.

View to the Schwarz Wald from the hill

Later I spend the evening talking with Wibke and her flatmate and also started reading Asterix in german.
October 5

I took my time and left only later by the afternoon to walk in town and mainly climb up the nearest hill and walk in the forest. All this after having read more and more Asterix collection all in German, at least its good I can read it in German.

I climb the hill where the old fort stood and upper to climb the high tower that gave an impressive view over the city and the whole plain surrounding it. The weather was greatly perfect and it was a nice day to hike around. Even more great to do it in a natural environment.

On the way back, I walked a bit in town to do some photos. But a slight rain started falling while I was doing so.

Tower on the hill
It gave an even more special atmosphere to the city.

Its been later by the early evening that  walked back to Wibke and prepared an improvised meal before chilling again calmly on the sofa reading some more.

I talked some more with Wibke and watched my email, Pascal will finally come over for the party on the week end which is great as I will be able to leave with him to Lausanne afterall.
------------
October 6

The day was more grey and not the best, anyhow I was moving out of Wibke for the night but Alex (hc: skipowder82) wasn't home before late in the evening. I stayed reading and being lazy and relax at Wibke while she cleaned and so... helping a bit at what I could.

Its only at the end of the day that I finally moved out of her place.

Path on the Black Forest
.. I think she was awaiting the moment so but well I had nowhere to go at first so when I looked at the map and found something to do I finally left. My killing time was to visit the huge cemetery nearby which I did for few hours until dusk.

Then I simply went to lie on a park bench and slept a bit, as it was possible since the temperature is warm enough.  Then I went to eat a kebab nearby and after I finished I received an sms from Alex that he was there.

So I went there and could meet him and talk about Canada and anything else. It was great, he is a snowboarder and so on, Therefore I enjoyed seeing the pictures he had fo the surrounding.

We talked and I could use the Internet before going to sleep... it was a nice time in his company even if it was short.

October 7

I woke up slowly and Alex came over (he was sleeping at his girlfriend) and we talked and I did as well with his flatmates. It was morning though so I was as talkative as most people are in the morning (especially to be so in German)... and then by midday Alex was going in town so I joined as well for a city tour with him, which was great. Walking in some part of the town with knowing about... like the evil drunk lost triangle.

I stayed downtown longer doing some more photos and went back for the end of the afternoon to Alex place, where I used the computer for a while until I needed to leave cause Alex was going to his gf b-day party. I went to a bench park nearby and slept more until dusk.

Then I slowly walked to Wibke for her b-day party and when I arrived Pascal (hc:playschool) had arrived.

Pedestrian, Bike, Car and Tram confrontation in downtown Freiburg
It was great and I spent my time with him as the guests were arriving, being full of sillyness and funny time.

It was a great party with some other people to talk with and us being nearly the only non-german... There was a great shoes pyramid, which I helped making and the fiesta went all night long.

Some people drinking too much some others being great and just a great evening, who ended up with sleeping on the couch.
October 8

We woke up pretty early and just all slowly and started cleaning the place, all the dishes from the meals served the previous night.

Then after that its been time for a great brunch... on the balcony which was pretty great... but the day was advancing and Lausanne was still some hundreds km away for me and Pascal.

Great Pedestrian and Tram in Freiburg

We finally gave a hit and said goodbye to everyone and left to find a spot to HH out of town which wasnt a success... its only after having moved to another spot that a car stopped fastly but was only bringing us to the next village south. There we got stuck again, only the second car brought us further and then another one (a girl alone) for few km more. At last, a french woman brought us back to the highway.

There we were slightly more in a hurry dusk was approaching we had only cover 30-40 km in 4h and we werent yet in Switzerland. Our luck went on when a diplomat car driving to Basel stopped and could leave us at the border. From there on we were in Switzerland and with 2 cars more in the dark from Tank station to another we reached Lausanne. Then I arrived at Pascal place, and we cooked something to eat, had a chat until late and prepared to sleep.

I was amazed to be back in Switzerland but in the dark there is no way I could see the mountains, so that would be for the next morning. The temperature was still great altough you could feel a 'cool' air of the altitude.

Freiburg from the hill
View to the Schwarz Wald from the …
View to the Schwarz Wald from the…
Centre of Freiburg
Pedestrian, Bike, Car and Tram con…
Pedestrian, Bike, Car and Tram co…
Great Pedestrian and Tram in Freib…
Great Pedestrian and Tram in Frei…
Tram in Freiburg downtown
A little shiny side street
A little shiny side street
Active pigeon
Active pigeon
Pascal has arrived!!! Great Playsc…
Pascal has arrived!!! Great Plays…
Wibke on the phone
Wibke on the phone
Party Pyramid shoes
Party Pyramid shoes
Searching over for your shoes!
Searching over for your shoes!
Wibkes brother at the party
Wibke's brother at the party
Freiburg im Breisgau