hopefully not getting sick...

Lubeck Travel Blog

November 22

I lived by midday and walked out of town but had enough for a while so I took the U-bahn for a part of the way.
The sky was grey and though not rainy, not dry either.

It took me a while to find a hitch-hiking spot and some hours to get picked after having tried 4 different spots at the roundabouts that lead to the highway.
Finally and luckily, a man stopped and took me all the way to Lubeck, I was there by the end of the day so just before dark. Which arrive pretty early at this time of the year.

I manage to find the place where my host Adrienne was living (HC:adrifleck). She was slightly ill but still ok at my arrival. She simply had a bad cough. Quite a petite smily and calm girl who plays trombone in a ska band and as done the conservatoire.
Lubeck dom from the water side... really beautiful by night

She was going out to rehearsal but finally I decided to stay at her place and felt asleep until she was back later in the evening. We discussed and had a short meal and a friend of her came so that we could go have a night walk by the city. We followed the water side and I enjoyed the view on the cathedral over the water. It was pretty cool. And the city, that is still pretty little, was quite dead and therefore calm.

It was a relaxing walk into town seeing some part of the feature of the city. Sadly the Christmas market was only due to begin on Monday so I was to miss it...
--------------
November 23

I left to spend the day outside but it was pretty rainy... so I got wet.
I still did walk the city to visit most of the thing and its only later by the afternoon that the rain stopped.
View on the gate
I also took some time to seek a hitch-hiking spot for the next day.

Finally, I did see the Holstein Gate... but they were just about to remove all the renovation remains. One day more or so and it would have been totally free for a picture :S.

I also stopped at the famous marsepain shop of Lubeck, where I finally bought myself a cake and a special marsepain berliner. I brought them home for a dinner dessert finally and it was such a tasty cake with nougat and mmmmm Wonderful!

I hanged around in town enjoying the time and finally its later on that I met again with Adrienne to walk further long in the city by dark. We also stopped for a 15min internet and it seemed that she was getting slightly more ill.
Later on back home, I cooked myself some pasta meal and Adrienne just went to bed directly. So I ate and finished my cake and write some note for HCVOL. Playing with the computer... just relaxing in the warm of inside.

Then I also went to sleep with preparing all my things for the next day where I would be waking up early and heading to Poland. It would be hell of a long hitch-hiking ride where I will have the stress of not make it and be stuck by dark along the road.
I have been studying the map a lot and keep hoping.
Lubeck - Koszalin... my destination for the week end is about 700ish km! And it gets dark by 4-5hpm

Let's see!

Let's hope for no rain tomorrow!!!!!!!
The devil by the church
Lubeck dom from the water side... …
Lubeck dom from the water side...…
View on the gate square