Transfering at Zaventem, airport day

Brussels Travel Blog

September 3

I landed at Zaventem Airport so early that it was a bit dead... the long walk on the terminal to reach the passport check was long. Anyhow, it was an easy check again and I was waiting for my little empty bag.
Then I simply walked out in the arrival, not really knowing what to do that early and my flight to London was in the later afternoon. Dumb of me, I could have booked one earlier.

It was also a rainy day over Brussels and I finally decided that I didn't really have anything to do downtown and didn't feel like going to walk with my bag and be bored after a few minutes. After all, I don't have to 'do tourism' in Brussels anymore! I know that city so well anyway...
I also had no news of Gil, whom I wished to maybe spend time with during the day... I must say I was expecting that sort of response, but was frustrated by it.

I didn't have anybody to call either as it was Monday morning, so I ended up just walking in the airport and finally found a place to sleep in the International Check-in area. So I just killed time like this until my flight would appear on the screen.

I woke up in the late afternoon to get a bad surprised... British midland: Cancelled!
Damn... I could have asked at the counter in the whole afternoon if they had place for me on a earlier flight and now my only flight is cancelled and the next one is late at night. Looks like I will have hell of a time to make it to Poole. Not to forget that I need to be on the ship by 6am to sail to France to following morning!

I went to the counter, and finally they booked me with the next British Airways flight available, so I only departed 15 minutes later finally. The BMI plane seemed to have had technical difficulties and was cancelled. Seems that I had some nice flying experience for the first time of my life during these last journeys (sarcasm!)

That nearly made me down to Heathrow on normal Schedule!
Brussels