Tiense Suiker

Tienen Travel Blog

October 23

We needed to leave early in the morning from Mieke's place and we used the day to hitch-hike in direction of Tienen through the national road which did all fine. From the Leuvensesteenweg in Mechelen we reached Leuven within 2 interesting rides with a Belgian and with a Afghan-Belgian.  Then we were left at the Tiensepoort in Leuven and we hitch-hiked again to catch another ride that brought us to Tienen, where Dylan felt surely some memories and splecial thought since he lived several months in that town.

We first headed to Mieke's parents house to meet her father who was ok at first sight but somehow straight forward in an awkward way. As he was leaving later, we moved to meet the neighbours Geert and Katelijne who are a really nice young open-minded couple, it was refreshing to meet them and discuss with them while there. Really the atypical belgian but their interests towards the other and the will to help! I greatly appreciate the few times I passed there afterwards.

When Mieke arrived we were going to have dinner at her parents and so did we, in a squarely cold way... but well, I didnt feel uncomfortable extremely long as I had the impression that there is nothing anymore that you can do to make yourself accepted in these kind of cultural difference situation (I reckon my time with Gil's family).

Back to Geert and Katelijne and meeting with their young children, we simply had a relaxing time, warm and cosy!
I loved it!
October 24

As we stayed out late with the computer (uploading the picture to this blog), watching tv or playing at the play-station we had a lazy day and woke up late.

So we didnt even go outside and enjoyed simply the cosiness. And the food was leker later on!
October 25

This was another lazy day in Tienen, we simply prepared ourselves to leave to Brussels after the meal and more discussion with our nice hosts. But we needed to take the train cause it was getting late and we wouldnt make it to go to the folk dance party in the evening with Achim (HC:euritmix)

photo by: lasersurge