In Tampere for a visit

Tampere Travel Blog

July 31

We woke up slowly and Laura was in hell of a mood and didn't even say a word which was quite annoying... so anyway I stopped bothering and did my thing on my side. I prepared some food and tried to each as much as I could from our previous grocery.

Then we left and started walked to the center and Laura wanted to catch a bus and I said that it wasnt necessary that we could walk to the hitch-hiking spot out of town and this made her even more in a bad mood. But we did anyway and finally reached somehow easily and the walk was all fine. The distance was quite ok.

Then we started our finnish hitch-hiking experience along the road and it didn't look good at first but finally after some time its a car full of girls who stopped and brought us to another town along the road where we HH from the on-ramp and have a snack until another girl in a sporty car stopped to bring some more km further at a bus stop along the national road.
Rosa in Tampere
There it was more hard and I simply started doing some pictures of the countryside while Laura stood showing the sign to Tampere. Laura was complaining but its a finnish man on a caravan who pulled over in emergency on the bus stop area to pick us up and bring us all the way to Tampere. And this on my first ride ever in a camping car caravan.

He was cool and talked only finnish so I didnt say anything but once in Tampere, we met directly with Rosa who brought us to her place where we chatted before getting to walk downtown with her boyfriend. Going directly to the train station as they needed to by a eurail train pass for their trip. The weather was great and the city slightly better than Turku at my opinion... especially after knowing that Tampere is an industrial town, for an industrial town there is quite a fair amount of interesting sight, including a Lenin museum in a building he was.

We went to a grocery store, packing some food and got back to cook and enjoy some water melon. Finally, Rosa left with her boyfriend and we stayed at the place talking with her flatmates before taking a nap the rest of the evening. As the night does'nt really come we went out again later to swim in one of the huge lakes surrounding the city but finally I chickened out and stayed on the rocky shore with all the mosquitos. Finally, we came back to have some sleep.
maplefanta says:
Great! Small World indeed, which though reminds me I should send her a email... if I find the address
Posted on: Jun 20, 2007
abrazo says:
I was reading some blogs of my home town and realized that I know this girl, Rosa from Tampere. She was my classmate for few years. Small world, I'd say! :)
Posted on: Jun 11, 2007