Short visit and meet Frank to lift all the way to Belgium

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

September 7

We woke up early and Chris drove me to Dusseldorf train station. From then on I had few hours to kill in town and walked to the center of Dusseldorf. Finally I more sat on a bench and later on next to the Rhein before having to walk back to catch a S-Bahn in direction of where I would be suppose to meet Frank… nearby the airport.

Once out of the S-Bahn station it was not evident at all… I walked and walked, but it was long, time was flying by and I couldn’t figure out where to go. Without forgetting to say that my bag was hell of heavy from the previous travelling weeks.
I asked some road employees which told where the street I seeked was, Once there though, finding the office was another thing. I was exhausted and I finally went to a police car that was doing some control of the streets signalisation and asked. He told me to walk to a certain direction which I did and few minutes later he drove next to me again saying that he was sorry because the place was still pretty far and said just jump him I will bring you there. We search the office, riding on a ‘polizei’ van. Finally I did arrive just on time with the police car next to Frank that was just coming out of the office and getting ready to drive to Belgium.

lauro says:
its a pity that you didnt spent much time in düsseldorf :) di you liked it? :D
Posted on: Jul 11, 2007