Shitty Strikes in London

Heathrow Travel Blog

September 3

I was happy, I made it to Heathrow and I had plenty of time. I first went to look if I could find a bus to Victoria but I couldn't manage to find where I would have to be and any information related to that. I must say that Terminal 1 isn't the best place to be when you feel lost.

Well, I headed to the tube station instead. That would reveal an horrible choice.
The tube was delayed, then it showed up and was not departing and even stopping at every station and waiting. It seems it had not been cleaned the whole day.

We were not informed at all of anything, it stopped so long at some station that we were bloody wondering. Around Earls Court we had to change to another train and then we were announced that it wouldn't go any further once at South Kensington. Damn it was only 2 stations from Victoria!!
I had 10 minutes left to reach my bus to Dorset by then!
Then I needed to find a way to reach there and found a bus...of course I would never make it on time. I missed my coach from about 12 minutes and then I was stuck at Victoria station until the next departure at about 9.30 pm.
I made some call so that someone could book me a ticket (which would reveal useless as the ticket that they would book for me was not a funfare...).
And received my ticket through my phone, then I had time to kill and bought a snack before calling home and I ended up having a long conversation with my mother. A conversation that we didn't even have when I was home.

Later, I boarded the bus but I wouldn't even be home before way after midnight, that would be a short night!

So finally the tube was delayed because of Strikes... damn If I had known, I wouldn't have board it!
photo by: sweettangerine