Sailing route through Guernsey

Saint Peter Port Travel Blog

Sailing off Alderney
Most of our afternoon shifts we have been stopping in St-Peter-Port in Guernsey either on the way and/or on the way back, before-after St-Malo.

That usually makes Aleks, one of my gay colleague happy, as he fancy one of the immigration officer. When we are coming back from France and stopping at the Channel Islands, the UK immigration officer are coming onboard the ship to verify the passport of every passenger. So then it doesn't need to be done anymore once we arrive in Poole.

That brings us another task, we need to ensure every passenger is at its seats, close and inspect every corner of the ship so that nobody is hidding. On my case, I also need (then and in any other required circumstances) to make some french announcement or assists the french passenger.
Alderney Island with the French coast at the back (Cotentin)
On one of the crew I'm working with (with Cabin Manager Saul Porter), I am the only french speaker onboard. Which means that every other crew calls me when they need to deal with french customer or when there is situation that requires to deal in French (I did it once with the port authority in Cherbourg too once!). I also had to deal with germans a few times but usually the german passengers are simply not talking to us or not dragging the attention towards them. Same with the dutch, they can do anything in English anyway.

St-Peter-Port is a nice harbour, often we do arrive at port at the same time than other vessels. So it looks like a busy port. We have a decent view on the city and the fortress protecting it. For the rest that's about it. The nicest part when sailing is to pass by Herm Island and Sark Island which are both looking pretty beautiful.

During the sailing we also have to pass by Alderney, which offers a nice rocky view on both side of the ship as we are passing by. And we always notice it as it announce we are about to be in Guernsey within an hour and it always cause motion by the waves.

I may try to manage to add some pictures from the ship, otherwise for Guernsey itself you may want to look at some of my previous entry!
Sailing off Alderney
Alderney Island with the French co…
Alderney Island with the French c…
Alderney Island