Poole-Bournemouth: Guests Floh's b-day party and Job!

Poole Travel Blog

Eamon on the phone in the flat - Branksome
April 1

I had a dead day, my ankle was still hurting so I couldnt move too much. Our guest went out for the day with Florian so I stayed home and relaxed.

April 2

Our Lithuanian guest (HC: drybranch) left in the morning, Floh went to work and its later at the same time that I came back from a walk (my ankle hurt still only a little but its better) that Eamon came back from Liverpool. I toured around Parkstone for a job and was meeting the people by the end of the afternoon, but it lead nowhere.

We had a chilled evening together enjoying one of Floh's recipe and doing the big grocery at the Lidl. I'm still amazed that the girl at the cashier always remember me and ask me question. That's funny.

April 3

Nothing special during the day, Adrian called and invited us to a mexican meal in Bournemouth we went there and enjoyed tacos, chat and had a drink.
Poole view
We came back with the last bus.

Floh and me simply had some discussions together about some issues in HC forum, things are getting nasty and annoying.

April 4

I cleaned the whole flat prior to the arrival of our guests from Austria (HC: marlene85) and they left again in town. It was a good sunny day and I only went out later that day.

In the evening, we were all home for a while. I prepared my job application for Condor ferries.
We also planned the party of Floh (already a couple of days ago) for his birthday, many people will come including Nadine from Brussels! I'm happy about that!

April 5

Floh left early in the morning to Germany, I did not do much besides working on HC website and going for a Branksome CV tour again by the afternoon.
Poole Harbour Yacht

It was such a wonderful sunny day, it unbelievable how the spring is warm and sunny. No winter here this year!
Eamon went out with our guests, during the day...  I cleaned and drink a bit, Eamon got a job so we enjoyed some Genever.

We watched 28 days later altogether.
April 6

I woke at normal hour, Eamon slept longer and in the early afternoon I went with him to Woolworth to buy some glass and stuff for the house. In the meantime I went to Poole in the hope to handle my application for the ferries too. But everything was closed for Easter Vacation so I enjoyed the great weather on the Quay, and took some glass as well.

It was a great day so I enjoyed being out. Once back, I did some work with the computer and Eamon was going out in Bournemouth for the night.
Poole Quay
Well I have no money to spend and didn't feel like it either. Also that for him it was ok to go to party, but he also never stops drinking so... he can spend all his salaries on that.

The fact that our guest were quite rich people didn't make it good either (they rent a car spend 200 pounds on shopping, clothes and so...).
They came back drunk, while I was sleeping and found nothing better than waking me up. I had a drink with them before going back to sleep. Eamon was trying to get her into floh's bed. It appeared that she came to my bedroom during the night... so weird.
April 7

Hangovered day for everyone and shame day for our guest, they went away immediately into town. I mostly talked and argued with Eamon who find myself imbecil for not wasting my money and living on a long sight and not be willing to be out all the time (this will come so often the time being that we live together).
Our House Branksome

It seems that Marlene hardly realised what she did last night.
Anyway, I'm quite in a bad mood about all this. It piss me off and its not hospitality, even if I often simply allow the people to sleep without spending time with them myself.

They anyway went out again that same night.
April 8

Our guests left while I woke up, silly time. Anyway.

It was a wonderful sunny day, I mostly did nothing the whole day and tried to watch 'Big Fish' but it was in german.

Later I worked again with the computer and had a fight with babso over forum's management. Just ending up insulting each other and disagreeing. I found he had a selfish and narrowed mind over all this and the whole thing pissed me off. Especially that I judge that he abused of his position.

April 9

Same shit with HC, that took most of my time.
I worked on BW instead... I was mad and had another fight with babso through skype.

Floh came back by the afternoon and I wanted to talk with him about that.
talk talk talk talk

All lazy for the rest.
April 10

Today, I was back in Poole to handle my condor ferries application and I came back later after a sunny walk in Poole. We spent a lazy evening in the flat, more insult from HC and I have had enough.

Most forum posts disappear, censured, no justification and the members don't even know. We aren't informed as moderator and it was pissing me off. Now I decided to not stay silent anymore about it.
The pre-moderated list of word is now unknown even to us, and the list of member pre-moderate too.
B-day boy
That's annoying especially that I judge everything should be in the open.
-----------
April 11

Happy Birthday Floh!!

I was suppose to wait for the window repair man but he never came.
So worked on the net and cleaned things on my computer and did things for BW.

By the evening, I went with Eamon to Tesco for beers and some swiss roll cake!
We did a little drink for Floh's birthday and did an evening watching Indiana Jones, I also stayed up late to do the laundry downstair.

Nadine was suppose to get a ride today from Brussels to London but the guy never showed up (damn jerk!). We talked long the whole evening, trying to find some solution and she still want to come even hitch-hiking. My mood was a bit down by that, but it was great to see that she really want to come over however it will be possible.
Happy Birthday!

We went over all solutions and she noted them down, giving her contact for help and our details.
She might start hitch-hiking tomorrow.

------------
April 12

The stupid window repair man came but didn't ring at all, I never heard him. There was simply a note left.

Anyway it's been a lost day where I worked my application for Tesco and tried to get some news of where Nadine was. I also worked my blog.

I got news later from Nei that he had picked her up and brought her to her host in London, so she managed to do it and she will come later this week to Poole!! I'm excited about that. She also sent me a mail. That all made me positive and a good mood. I'm already glad she has this effect on me!

1 great news, I've got mail... from Condor Ferries and I have an interview on April 25!
Tomorrow the party crowd will start to arrive so we went to do the grocery at Lidl to prepare some food and stuff before watching another Indiana Jones.

------------
April 13

I worked on preparing the flat during the day, packing my things away for the party, cleaning and making the living room ready.

Floh came back from work earlier and we all went to the Lidl to get some more things and floh started cooking the lunch for a group. He got over crazy and stressed about making everything ready with his cooking and he needed all the stuff even from Tesco to complete the recipe. While cooking our first guests arrived (2 german girls) and Dave later (HC: davelab6), Eamon in the meantime started drinking. Everyone did so in the evening while we talked and played card (Shithead).
Eamon drank himself to blackout by 10pm while a friend of Floh arrived from Germany. It was AHOY time then. Everybody went to bed while I did some work with the computer for a part of the night, Nadine wrote that she would try to get down to Poole tomorrow.

-----------
April 14

PARTY DAY.

A sunny day, I got woken up really early. Eamon did as well but drank himself blackout again. He started at 7am already. by 10am he was wasted.
I went back to sleep again until mid-day. Then prepared myself but wasn't too keen on talking as I don't like when things happens without like respect of the others or some sort of warning or communication.

When Dave arrived I went with him to Tesco, getting more alcohol and in the meantime lots happened in the flat. I just hate those situation.

At least my mood was better and with the marbelous weather it was nice.
Then our guests arrived, Ela from Poland; Peter and Maria (HC: fake51 - demorganna) and plenty of others. We had a drink and a chat the whole afternoon.
Floh in the bath - happy b-day

I talked with Nei by the evening and was wondering how late would Nadine arrived as she was supposed to arrive quite earlier... it was evening by then. I found it strange but suddenly I saw her pop in the door and went to her. It was great 'lighty' wonderful.
We talked together and had a beer, AHOY... Floh even poured his onto me while attempting to spit it in my mouth :P

Another event was when Eamon - Christian (floh's friend) and Floh took a bath together while... Abe was on the toilet.
(Abe is an HC member over 60 yo and ... quite dodgy.)

Then, Nei, Nadine and me ended up on the porch outside talking and listening to music. When Nei left shortly... (and during that a neighbour came to complain a little), things went on and our hands joined and we kissed.
Nadine and me on Bournemouth beach
It was a great moment for me.
We decided to go for a walk as it was a wonderful night, brought the computer up and grabbed another beer and we went to walk to Alexandra Park. We didn't talk too much but everything seems to go by itself and I loved this calm evening.
In our walk, I made the mistake of losing my phone and my passport... I was even more amazed when she found it back! I felt great with her and she had a 'sunny' effect on me, I liked it!

We stayed out for hours taking care of each other. That will stay in my memory!

When we were back it was already nearly 3am, there had been mess going on and people had been downstair so we went there to clean up and made sure the guy didn't come back there. We also stayed longer there in this quiet room.
In the meantime of the party, some more people had arrived and other had gone.
Nadine in Branksome (laroca)
.. but I had a great time.
When we were back upstair, people had taken my bedroom over and my bed too... there was no way I would sleep apart or on the floor. Floh's futon was still alright, I placed it in the corner and the remaining people all went to the kitchen so we could have our quiet corner to sleep and hug together for the night. Lovely! We slept in each others arms!
She was really sweet and so ... amazingly beautiful and kind!

April 15

It was a long time ago that I didn't wake up with a sunshine in my arms, I was happy! After a moment and some clean-up of the bathroom we took a shower together and had breakfast. In the meantime, the police came and the neighbour mob was standing in front of our house. It was silly and funny, knowing that we had absolutely no music at all to possibly disturb the neighbour.
Nadine in Branksome after party

Anyway, things went on with this. Most of the people left gradually and the remaining all went together to the beach in Bournemouth to enjoy the sun with some drinks. I lied down with Nadine the whole afternoon until the breeze made it more chill. Other guests left back to their home and we would be less tonight at home.

So as our day at the beach was completed, we went for a walk into town to have a fish n chip and back home did some basic cleaning before preparing my bedroom to have some privacy and quietness. Nadine called her job to say she wouldn't be back so that she would stay one night longer here in Poole.

We napped during the evening together and stayed really near to each other all the time. wonderful time, her smell is great!
Later we talked a bit with the people and had a drink before getting back to the bedroom.
Urg - party branksome

Eamon on his side, slept all day on the floor.
April 16

Even if I would have done anything in an illogic world to keep her around, she needed to leave now to be in Brussels by the evening, responsabilities oblige.

We woke up early and had breakfast and a shower talked and kissed.
Floh went to work and I walked Nadine and Sarah (HC: zigrit) to a hitch-hiking spot after having gone through Sea-View on the way. The great thing is that they both got a ride fast and I was happy to know that she wouldn't be alone for a part of the ride.

I walked back through another way and thought of her a lot and was so wishing to be in Brussels now. Back home I cleaned a little and simply went to bed later.

It's been a lazy daydreaming day, I talked with our remaining guests who all left today.
fake51 - party branksome
I ended up going to the pub with Bart (HC: morhart) and Eamon. It was another great sunny day and when Floh came back everything was so disturbingly silent and calm :( Sad in a way.

I miss her.
It's been a talking talking evening and awaiting to get news that she had arrived safely, I was happy when I talked with her! She made it home. I was feeling attached to her pretty much.
April 17

Eamon acted as an happy kid (well for the first morning he wasn't drunk) funny. Anyway, things went great with him today at least (compare to the fight of the previous day). I talked with Nadine through skype and later Adrian came over and we all went to the beach in Bournemouth for a chill afternoon.

In the evening, we were all back in town to watch some people juggling and doing Poi in the park for a while.
chrisiwoo - fake51 - urg party branksome
I went back earlier to talk to Nadine, I also talked with Nei who was advising me to not fall from her... as she was 'taken'. Too late for that last thought.
April 18

Another day in Bournemouth, I got lost in the city and didn't manage to do anything I wanted in this labyrinth. I hate it.

I came back on time to meet Floh before he left to Lithuania. Eamon and me went to do the grocery and we had to deal with Abe still in the flat. He is suppose to leave tomorrow, no use to start cleaning while he is still there even if I already started.

We all went to sleep early... ohhh and Eamon is happy since there is a TV now (for already a couple of days btw).

April 19

Abe left by the late afternoon, in the morning I had an appointment to open a bank account, I will eventually be able to open a bank account just with my passport finally!
I stayed home for the rest of the day to talk with Nadine.
demorganna party branksome

When Abe left I couldn't believe the amount of bags... awful.
Then at least I could start cleaning and talked with Eamon in this empty and calm flat when he came back from his job. I didn't realise we had guests coming tomorrow so he helped with cleaning as well.

I finally found Nadine's pull over!
April 20

Our guest arrived in the morning, just as I finished cleaning the flat! Everything is tidy now!
I went out with her for breakfast and showed her the way to get to the city. When I came back I just arranged some more things in the living room and hop it was all fine.

The day simply went by.
Later on by the evening, I called Nadine. She was so great and I don't know what will happen as she has a boyfriend living in Germany.
fake51 after party branksome
But she still want to see me and to spend time with me... and we talked a lot lately. I don't really know what is the situation between them but I surely don't want to push things in any way.
I could act fair and decide to withdraw and not intervene, or try to be a bit selfish and think of myself for once. I usually always do the first... which means that I don't involve or try to do anything in such situation. I will let things goes and see.

She wants to come back, I would be happy to host her and spend time with her here. We also plan to go to Berlin camp together, hitch-hiking and maybe staying longer on the way or back, stopping in Dortmund where she is from. She also want that I go to Brussels to spend time with her as soon as possible. I really adore her! And I'm looking forward to all these.
demorganna - fake51 after party branksome
She makes me in a good mood and her look and smile also makes me feel good. I'm so happy I have great pictures of her!
April 21

Celeste (HC: eclipse) and Eamon went out today and I simply stayed home and later on talked with Nadine. When they came back later they simply sat down watching some TV and Celeste was catching a night bus back to London. So it's been a calm day mostly.
April 22

Last cleaning day, I did the laundry today at last and especially cleaning up the stuff that Abe left over. Eamon also did his laundry and we had an argument over it, since he just took his thing and my soap and not a single piece of the household clothing nor my clothes and just said do your own thing. That pissed me off, about the sharing and so in the flat.
people after party branksome
.. I felt I'm doing most of the thing, of course it's not something to say to Floh since he still pays the whole rent and most of the cost. But compare to Eamon I felt that I'm doing more than simply sitting borrowing our stuffs and drinking.

I had enough and I was pissed about that.
April 23

Our guests from New Zealand arrived, an aged couple really cool and polite. It was nice. They arrived home and I kept the place tidy and put them in Floh's room for the nighth. They left for an afternoon walk and in the meantime I chatted with Nadine until they came back. Later Nadine was going out so I spent my time discussing a little with our guest and watching TV before they went to bed quite early because of the jetlag.

Eamon also only arrived late at night.

April 24

Our guest left pretty early, I was also up really early but I thought they were gone and that it was way more late. But well I had a totally full day, which is good as it was a sunny warm day ahead.

It has been a calm day before my interview of tomorrow. It went by and I prepared my paper and so on. Floh came back by the late afternoon and talked about his journey in Lithuania and we all talked long during the evening until I got back to the computer to talk with Nadine, enjoying our chat together before getting to sleep. While Floh and Eamon just got drunk... nothing new with that.
April 25

INTERVIEW DAY

I woke up early to make sure that everything will be alright and prepared myself, clothed and so, ensuring that I've got everything.
Angry mob - after party branksome
Then with my classy well dressed clothes I went all the way to Poole by bus and walked slowly to the harbour. I was early enough to kill some time and it was sunny, I prepared myself for the appointment that was 10am which arrived and I got interviewed by the crew manager, few questions and I answered. Luckely it went pretty well and I didn't have to search my words so much.

Basically, I was already hired as there was a letter all ready on the table for my employment, they more simply explained me the tasks and see if I was fine with it. Also saying that I was slightly too competent to apply to this kind of job. So I GOT THE JOB.
Though from now on I won't have any free time left which drives me sad. I went back home with the good news but still the sadness of all my coming plans being dropped.
Going to the beach after party branksome

I was wondering if I should keep it with its money and experience of if I should go to a scapegoat plan of wanting my free time and spend time with Nadine as much as I can and trying to work this relation out?

I'm especially confused and eventhough excited, I'm sad.

I called home, it also means that I wouldn't make it home to my brother's wedding... :(
I talked to different people and also to Nadine, still thoughtful.
I finally hurried to Bournemouth to cancel my other interview (which was at the local cinema). Then I spent the afternoon with Adrian in town going to Asda to buy clothes for the job before taking the bus back home. Then in the evening I spent the time talking with Nadine and Maria, especially looking forward for some kind words.

April 26

Maria invited me to come to London and stay at her and Peter's place, so today I am considering it and tried to work out most of my things.
zigrit - laroca beach Bournemouth
I called and got my appointment for my National Insurance Number (Finally!) and went to Lloyds to open my bank account.

Now everything looks more like I'm in the country.
I cooked something by the evening, talked with Floh a little and works on my pictures on my computer.
April 27

I got up and did some more work with the computer, then I finally packed in a hurry and decided to hitch to London. I had to pack well to make sure it was enough but not too much, as I go to London and then I will use my only few remaining free days to go spend time with Nadine in Brussels.

I went to Ringwood road and didn't have to wait too long before someone picked me up until Southampton. There wasn't many cars but I managed to get somebody to lift me to another Services and then immediately another ride through the countryside to the vicinity of London (Slough).
Floh doing crazy on the beach - Bournemouth

That last ride was quite cool as it went through Windsor and had a wonderful landscape the way through. Then I was just nearby London, outside the motorway ring, not at a good place but it worked... I lost my atlas there by the way. Its been cool as somebody picked me and I was in zone 6 of London (Hounslow). So basically it took about 2h to get from Poole to London which is not bad at all.

I ended up trying to walk to zone 5 to reduce the cost of the tube transport but got lost and spent more than an hour before finding a station again. Then I boarded Piccadilly line and relaxed as it went all the way from West to East London... and took about an hour.
There was a funny drunk Scottish guy who talked to anybody in the tube, which is pretty unusual as 'you don't really talk to people' in London, they don't like to be aboard.
Beach Bournemouth after party

Later on by the evening I managed to arrived at Manor House and meet Peter and Maria! Chill!
Eamon on the phone in the flat - B…
Eamon on the phone in the flat - …
fake51 - party branksome
chrisiwoo - fake51 - urg party bra…
chrisiwoo - fake51 - urg party br…
fake51 after party branksome
demorganna - fake51 after party br…
demorganna - fake51 after party b…
Angry mob - after party branksome
Going to the beach after party bra…
Going to the beach after party br…
zigrit - laroca beach Bournemouth
Floh doing crazy on the beach - Bo…
Floh doing crazy on the beach - B…
Fish n Chip Bournemouth
Fish n Chip Bournemouth
Zigrit - Chrisiwoo enjoying Fish n…
Zigrit - Chrisiwoo enjoying Fish …
Urg - Bournemouth
Asleep on the bus Bournemouth
Asleep on the bus Bournemouth
View Bournemouth
View Bournemouth
Cleaning the flat... the great Hoo…
Cleaning the flat... the great Ho…
View from my tower room!