One day at the sea-side

Oostende Travel Blog

Oostende Cathedral taken from a local Café

September 27

On Wednesday the belgian children only have half a day of school, Sarah decided to not send them for the morning so that by end of the morning we could all be ready to go to the sea-side after a more lazy waking up.

We drove there with fast preparation and with Sarah's sister and her bf. First parking next to the sea side and sitting on the beach while the child first thing non-authorised | first done : went direct into the water in this cold late September.

We, in the meantime, went to have a drink in town and a short shopping time where I did get a new sweater.

Our luck was on as when we passed back to the car, we had completely forgot to pay the parking ticket and luckely the control 'forgot' to look over ours. We went to Sarah who was still at the beach with high tide this time.

Belgian Coast Architecture

One needed thing was now to get some new cheap and dry clothes for the children; fastly done we stopped for a drink at a classy café and prepared to drive back to Gent for the evening.

Tonight was typical eating... frieten and all the goods going around it. I enjoyed it (again) and relaxed a bit afterwards.

I had contacted Eske to go have a drink and meet her again in town which we did at the same place by the St-Jacob church and discuss somehow with this cute girl before heading both back to sleep. On the way back to Sarah, I walked enjoying the night views and relatively quietness of the city. Before arriving, I called my parents and had a lon and nice discussion with my parents for the first time in weeks.

Oostende Cathedral taken from a lo…
Oostende Cathedral taken from a l…
Belgian Coast