No Sea Legs yet...

Saint Peter Port Travel Blog

May 12

Aaaahhhh, it was quite welcome to step off the ship, get some fresh air. Most of us were shook from the sailing condition or having been sick. My energy was roughly low. So I didnt venture far from the harbour and I just stayed with the group who went to a terrace at a restaurant in the harbour. I bought myself some pancakes, frenchly cooked and tried to enjoy it, more rough after having been sick earlier.

So I mostly enjoyed the view, talked with the captain that was training us and other colleagues while relaxing by the sea-side. It was nice and greatly welcome to not have to do the complete sailing.

We simply step back on the ship later on when it came back from St-Malo. But on the way back I was slightly deadbeat and dead for a while so I sat and did nothing. Luckely I got a second life later and could start doing something, touring the ship and cleaning up. The ship was quite empty and it was calm so there wasn't really any rush or stress which was good.

We arrived around midnight back in Poole, so we just had time to catch the bus back from Poole Dolphin Centre to be in Branksome, back home... quite tired.

The sea was nearly 3,5m waves and usually the ship doesn't sail if the waves reach 4m so nonetheless to say that it was a rough day! The 'thundering' 'shaking' and 'waving' of the ship was sometimes disturbing, it was less bad on the way back... or maybe I was more used to it.