Monopoly and Cake

Munster Travel Blog

November 18

I arrived in Munster quite early enough to have the chance to do something, to save some credits I walked and found where Dihia lives but actually she wasnt there at the moment so I sent an sms and badly for me she called back... which cost me to receive.
Anyhow they arrived (with her flatmate) not long after and we had a relaxing moment in their flat, having a short snack and discussing about anything and nothing. Travel, future plan, ourselves...

Dihia and her flatmate were really happy and joyful host I had in a long time. It was refreshing and pretty cool, they were hugely interested and I was actually their first guest.

Later on by the afternoon we took the bikes and went for a ride in the city. Going around in the chilly weather and reaching ultimately the botanical garden by the castle of the city (that is now part of the university).
Schloss and great Autumn leaves
We walked there until it closed and later on I continued with Dihia into town itself. Mainly stopping at the main church to have a look at the astrological clock inside. Then we were more into town while dusk arrived and we contacted a friend from Dihia that lives in Munster with his german wife and that comes from Newfoundland.

It was pretty cool to meet him and he really did his life now there while he is still about my age and studies with Dihia at the social work school. We actually also learned that his wife is now newly pregnant... great news for them.
We stopped at one of the main cafe in town that serves lots of classy cake and where Dihia  works. So we enjoyed the great cake and the look of the old style cafe.

We did a short walk into town before leaving back for the evening meal.
My great hosts in Munster
I was surprised that actually the whole city is mainly new and had roughly suffered heavily from the war. So the buildings and even the church were re-build at identical but still the atmosphere isn't fully there.
Though the three cages in the church were quite disturbing (made up in middle age to scare the protestant by putting the protestant rebels into those cage to scare any potential invader from the lutherian movement.)

We ended up having a pasta meal with lots of goods and relaxed a bit more. I needed a nap which I did while they were preparing their bags for their trip to Paris the next day.

Later, as it wasnt full feeling to go out we finally took it easy and played monopoly special edition from Munster. Until it was time to sleep.
Dihia with some colourful leaves