Lift to Frankfurt for some local alcohol

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

September 29

I left from Ingrid by the afternoon to go to Frank's job place to leave in direction of Germany after having slept late and worked on the computer most of the day, saving my data in case my computer really die. Which looked as a probability since he often repeated the 'no disc found, disc error please insert disc'

mm :/

Then the bus arrived just on time and while I walked to ISS in Vilvoorde, Frank was heading to the bus stop so we sillily missed. He came and picked me after I had a free Choco at his job reception. We hit the road and talked the biggest part of the way.

The journey went fast with the talk and Frank left me at the Airport of Frankfurt after having talked with Volker (hc: karlwilli) where I would be passing the week-end, having now the address I could reach his place with the S-bahn and the U-bahn.
Old and View in Frankfurt

I arrived there and got introduce to them, Volker and Irina. Since it was already around 22h we simply sat on the couch and discuss before going to sleep.
-------------
September 30

I woke up in early morning and went to the morning market with Volker to buy food and breakfast things, enjoying all the wonderful stands with the tasty vegetable, bread, olives... mmmm

We went back to eat and leave the things before finally jump on the U-bahn and head downtoawn where Volker tour me the city from the older part to the river side and to the shopping area. We climbed on top of the shopping mall to have a view over the business district of Frankfurt with all the modern tower, slightly outside of the old historic town and it really does make a big difference!

Wa kept walking before arriving to another week-end market and stopped at the wine stand.
Frankfurt Business District
Since its the harvest, the new wine has arrived so we got a glass of new wine (cider alike still) and another one and another one, etc... It started to hit on afterwhile but it was tasty and I was tipsy!
It was great and I took the moment to do some social photography.

Later on, while I was walking lost in my dream we head back home for the supper which consisted of mossels.. a first for me, I never ate sea food as vegetarian, so it was pretty weird but alright.

The alcohol continued, german wine, latvian digestive and Volker and Irina got wild putting the music and looking like a 20yo couple. Pretty funny.

Finally; Volker was pretty pretty drunk and still wanted to go out. After a lot of negotiation we all went out to a local pubs where the people were.
Frankfurt Mall Cliché
.. well local and dodgy, not the kind of pub where people go to hang out, more the one you go to if you want to drink on credits :P

After a while, I had enough of not understanding these older people and I managed to get to have the chance to walk back home and worked on the computer before going to sleep.
-------------
October 1

Nothing, in pyjamas the whole day, hard storm and rain outside I worked on the Internet planning my future journey.by contacting people searching a place to stay for the next day and hopefully it worked as I had few persons calling at Volker's place to make sure I had a place to stay and that I could go to their place or simply to meet.

I could meet with a guy in Heidelberg or at Gerrit but finally the occasion didnt rise.
Shopping Area Street in Frankfurt
I contacted Gerrit to stay at his place and at least I got a roof for the Monday night!
Later Ulrike called to see if I still need a place, and I agreed to go to Heidelberg on Thuesday.

Then I went to sleep late after all these, having some reading of Kinga's book. Some inspiration!
----------------------
October 2

Slowly preparing to leave and talking with Volker anbd finally I jumped into the U-bahn to find a spot to Hitch-hike; Actually I didnt know what to think of my stay at Volker place which was great but also scary as I didnt know how serious the question were sometimes and  felt like there was some anger... But I really feel that often with the german :/

The Saturday night wasnt the best either, with having Volker somehow drunk and being in dodgy local bar. Which was a great experience, that I enjoyed to live although it was too much after a while. Its good that I could go back home.
New Wine as Arrived
New Wine as Arrived
At the local market
At the local market
Some traditionnal food at the mark…
Some traditionnal food at the mar…
Some view at the wine market