Home in Poole, ready for the remaining working days (end of the blog)

Poole Travel Blog

September 4

All this long journey back made me arrive quite late at home in Poole, which means that I needed to be on the ship to do a working day to France (what a nice move adding some km to my 'voyage'). I arrived back in Poole at about 1am, and was home 30 minutes later. My working shift was starting at 6am... so it was stressy that I would overslept.

I managed to get a little nap and woke up well on time to go to work. I was up and down during that day as I was completely confused with the jet lag. But it went all well, the crew has dimished a lot, as many did quit already.

Luckely enough, the season arrives to an end and that includes the rush of passenger. So it was quite calm enough on the sailing, both weatherwise (sea) than passenger wise.

So, I'm now starting my remaining working days.
Mezza Luna and bench in Poole Park
.. on a total working trend.
I will work a little about that and this will mainly conclude this blog, The next one will include new adventure and who knows what!!

;)

Luckely today was a calm sailing day, I was floating as usual and spent time with my colleague to discuss. The season is slowly getting at its end and you can notice it as there is less passengers. Nonetheless saying that it was a calm sailing.

In the afternoon it was sunny and I cycled to the bank to finally solve my 30 pounds charge but their system was out. So then I simply went back home and simply felt asleep.

-------------
September 5

Another morning, but I could really feel the jet lag more than the previous day. I was way more deadbeat at some point.

It was sunny but I was way too tired after my shift to do something, so I relaxed in the sun in the garden and then went to sleep.

---------------
September 6-7

A day off already, yep I only came back in the middle of my shift so I only had to do half of it. I was up really early but it was not before the afternoon that I moved out of the flat.

The weather was great so I went out in bermuda and cycled to the bank to finally resolved the case... luckely then it should be back in my account by a week. I did my grocery at Lidl and cycled back home, and felt asleep in the evening until later. The bad thing now is that my swollen jaw has started again... so my tooth ache is back but its from the other wisdom tooth this time, the one I didn't get removed. Damn

Another news is that my rent will end by October 5 has the landlord did sell the property. Since I was wondering either to stay longer or where to go and what to do, that someone solved the case in a way.
Black or White in Poole
I am leaving Poole for sure...

The next day was sunny again, but I was so tired and slept it all. My jaw did bother me a lot again, it did the same thing again and it didn't help me to eat.
I ended up getting a restless night, so it will be rough to get back to work... I hate such situation.

------------
September 8-9-10-11

Rough waking up with the mood that goes with it. Its sunny at least but my jaw is annoying.

We did a calm but busy sailing with plenty of drunk travellers. I was at the bar!

A marbelous day, but going to work... sailing to Jersey today. It was a bit less restless than the previous day at least. From Jersey to France it was full of Germans and French, but gosh that they don't listen. So I was pretty busy as I'm the one responsible (aka language skills) to communicate with them.
Red and Blue doors

It's now also funny to compare all the different culture on the ship....
-The british who overspend their money on silly things even if 15 minutes later they will be ashore where it will cost half price, and their over need of having something british made (such as breakfast of pastry)... before landing in France.
-The french who are outrage at everything on the ship and does not mind to over tell their way of thinking  even if it actually does not make any sense just to at least show that they are a human being with the capacity to talk.
-The dutch that goes silent on the ship and would not even consider consuming anything.
-The germans, who does not understand that its a british ship with prices in pound. And that would in no situation actually trust you.
Coutances in Poole Harbour
.. especially when you give them their change back.

Ahh well 2 other calms working days to Jersey followed... with my bad jaw. But at least I did all the time carried some great snack to eat on the ship.
September 12-13

Days off sleeping...
---------
September 14-15-16-17

I worked at the duty-free shop for the first time ever.
That was great and I had experience in such place... having worked in a supermarket previously.
It's nice as it was a new environment and a fine one, I enjoyed it.
I went to rent a movie but finally only watched it the next day.

On the third day though, I didn't wake up and was late to work. So that was a rough morning and the captain was mad and so was my manager. That's crap, and it was my only late day of the year.
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Free shop

I was glad to be back home and simply took a bath to relax.

My last Cherbourg sailing, I was home sleepless and went to work earlier to make sure that I wouldn't be late!
The day was calm and there was not very much passengers anyway. It was also the farewell to Saul's crew as working with him as manager.
Back home, I cooked some nice food and cleaned the flat.
-------------
September 18-19

I slept all day and was tired and annoyed by that. Belinda (CS) came over to Poole and we walked in town and in the park talking about Eamonn and so. I must say it was not the best thing to have to hear the problems they are having...
I did my grocery and went home to watch tv and relax. I rented King Kong, which was quite a good movie.

The dog barked and annoyed me all night, so my next day was lazy.
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Free shop

Later that evening, I went to the meeting in Bournemouth with CS and HC.
It was frustrating at first as nobody did show up, then luckely Dave and his guest (from Canada) arrived as well as Nicolas the french guy from Poole. So it was all new people to meet, that was great. Though Eamonn made a fool of himself with his annoying drunk insulting behaviour, a usual condition when there is beer around.
---------------
September 20-21-22-23

A rough sailing day, so I wasn't feeling well but wasn't sick which is the most important. I was working at the cafeteria, the good thing is that there is not so many passengers left that does the sailing on week day, so the work is more relax.
The bad thing, the made me change my rosta to make me sail on the next mornings to Cherbourg! I wasn't suppose to and was happy with that.
Condor Vitesse upper seats
I was suppose to finish earlier because of that.

I don't want and I must say it pissed me off a lot, just because I am the one that does the languages announcement. I took the first day to think as I was thinking of simply quitting earlier. I finally decided to do it so that it would be finish once and for all and well I could take the money.

This sailing was nice and calm, and it was cool to take moment with my colleagues when we could.
September 24-25

Just relaxed days off, starting to pack!
September 26-27-28-29

So I am back on AM even if I wasn't suppose to. Ahhh well, at least the shifts went quick and I took the afternoon to pack my things and finish my food at home.
I was also organising a meeting for my last days.
Eagle on Poole Park gate
.. On the 28 I met with Dave and some people that could make for the 29 (Saturday). I met John who is from Sturminster-Newton and his guests from France.
I really kind personnality, we had a really great discussion the whole evening around some fish'n chip from the next door shop.

I kept in touch with John and he even invited me over if I needed.

On Saturday, my last day of work was a bit of joy. Farewell to my colleagues after a short and calm sailing, I went home and finally stopped at Argos on the way to buy myself a mp3 player, my tiny gift for the season.

It was a grey day and wet over Poole, so not looking too good for the pic-nic.
Anyhow, some people called. Kirk (CS) finally arrived by late afternoon and we waited in the park until Nicolas (hc:keket) came followed by the visit of another hc member from Dorchester.
War monument on a gate to Poole Park

We did a walking tour by the park and the harbour until dusk and finally Kirk stayed overnight, my last guest in town.
We bought some food and a movie (Little miss sunshine) at Sainsbury and cooked a meal, chatted and watched the movie.

------------
September 30

Kirk went early to visit Poole and the neighbourhood and I finally stayed home, relaxed finally all day long. I started to work on planning my coming holiday and also looking at job prospectives.

These were my last days in my flat, I am going to Jersey this week and leaving the flat on the 5th.
So goodbye nice place where I was the past months!

It is also the end of that blog, of course it was not written the most interesting way for anybody to read, nor it was giving nice tips about places.
A relief sculpture on Poole Park gate
.. since I always wrote it way after I was at the place in more of rush because it takes hell of time. But well it is a nice memory for me, which is my main purpose. And who knows maybe even my family and friends did have a look at it... that could be nice!

Coutances in Poole Harbour
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Free…
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Fre…
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Free…
Liquor on Condor Vitesse Duty-Fre…
Eagle on Poole Park gate
War monument on a gate to Poole Pa…
War monument on a gate to Poole P…
A relief sculpture on Poole Park g…
A relief sculpture on Poole Park …
North Road... where I lived