Frank b-day

Grimbergen Travel Blog

October 21

We finally left Boechout to hitch-hike in direction of the thing that was the main reason why we were back in Belgium: Frank's Birthday party (hc:thorgal67). We headed out of Sofie's place without really knowing where to go so we started walking in the hope to arrive at a main street somewhere. We lift our thumb while walking and a girl stopped to bring us to the Mechelsestwg. We started to hitch-hike again from there we could go to Mechelen, finally after a while the girl came back and said 'ok, I have nothing to do today so I will bring you to Grimbergen' So she brought us through the little Brabant route on the way to Grimbergen and I showed the way.

We were the first one to arrive but we had nothing to offer to Frank that were suiting the party thema... Asian. So we at least got some flower from the square of Grimbergen and knocked at his door. A strong hug and some cool talk.

We waited anxiously for the first guests to arrive but they were mostly people we didnt know at first. Anyhow we did some silly things at the door through the beef eye looking for the first people to come over.

Then the party went on, but for a while I was energy less and felt my fever going on so I simply took an advil and relaxed. I took some of the spicy asiatic food that was vegetarian and enjoyed the time with the several HC guests that came for the party.

We stayed to sleep at Frank and it was cool , but we both had the impression that it wasn't so much welcome from him... well we were at least only staying for the night so we didnt make further plan besides that we would go to Mieke in Mechelen the next day.
photo by: Chokk