The Danish Crown

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Great idea to carry bags and get rid of the shoulder's weight
--July 22

The wake up was ok, short breakfast and fast tour of the city with a stop at Troels garden house... although the weather was cloudy, it was still somewhat warm.  After the tour, Troels left us somewhere at the entrance of the highway where we had to wait quite long before getting our first ride to further on to another village with a far more busy crossroad and then we had not to wait long before being took by a man and his greenlandic wife going to a wedding party after Kolding. There though it was dead as a dodo, we waited long and I analysed other possible route while Laura lost her temper... finally its a new zealandese who stopped for us and we had our ride all the way to south Copenhaguen quite early by the end of the afternoon.
Statue near the Kastelet

We started walking from the south island to the city center and finally after a while and seeing a grocery caddie lying there I got the idea of using it to loose the weight of our shoulder, which was great and got lots of giggle and look from the danish people.  Our caddie finished its way at a bike parking and we got in the metro to Norrebro to switch to a bus to where Peter is living. He came to pick us and we relaxed at his flat, enjoying a wonderful pita meal, talking about HC and having fun.

By nightfall, we moved to some of neighbours's Peter friends who were having a drinking party with great music and great people. One of them was also the complete sosie of Roy Dupuis... funny and it gave me a glimpse of copenhaguen people.
Statue near Kastelet
Later that night we moved downtown to meet with 2 dutch guys staying at another HC member and an austrian girl. We all went to have a drink and walk in town. Finally we did as most copenhaguer, we sat on the sidewalk and chat enjoying our drink at the warm temperature evening.

We finally walked all the way back and stopped at a night shop hold by paletisnian and talked with them and look at the stuff for sale in the shop. We got just some little things but Peter was amazed that it was open after 2am. Back at his home, I did some picture of the never really getting dark night and we all went to sleep. Me and Laura enjoying the wooden floor!
Which sleep went all good, but I thought that for the next night I could enjoy some cardboard from the moving boxes in Peter's appartment.

--July 23

Early wake up by the arrival of a Czech guest and we prepared to go downtown for sightseeing. We took the bus downtown and walked all feature from the city hall square to the park and Nyhavn back to the castle area and finally back to the Nyhavn to meet with the dutch guys by the late afternoon who had hardly sleep since they have wander all night looking for pubs.

We finally walk to Christinia to have a round of the free state city within Copenhaguen. It looked more safe than my previous visit and I manage some nice photos out of the prohibited area. Finally, looking for a cafe we ended up visiting a art gallery where the artists where having a flamboyant little dinner with huge conversation and we sat talking and listenning to them, leaving note on their visitors book and so. I manage to get the master plan of Christiania too which i was really glad!!

We got back on the bus to Peter's place where we started to cook getting some of our spaghetti and finally we had a chill evening playing board game and going to sleep early...
Great idea to carry bags and get r…
Great idea to carry bags and get …
Urban cliché