About to move to my new accomodation: Lower Parkstone

Poole Travel Blog

June 1

Well as previous entry said, it was the last working day of the shift, late wake up brought me late at work. Not good at all. Lazy day afterwards.

------
June 2

I woke in early morning before 6am dazed and confused by my previous scheduled. After a lost mind period, I simply went back to bed, after Eamonn asked what I was doing... it's my day off.

Later on, Natasha my future flatmate called about when I would pass by to leave some stuff at the flat and I did so later in the afternoon, packing most of my things and bringing them over. But I have bloody hell of a lot. I talked a little with both my new flatmate (Adam and Natasha) and then went into town in Poole to meet with a CS girl that is temporarly staying in Christchurch from Hungary.

We walked along Poole and Poole bay ending up in Hamworthy park on this great sunny day discussing and so.
Bus Cliche into Poole
Later on, when we stopped for some fries. The breeze was getting quite chilly and since I was just in Bermuda it wasn't comfortable. We left Poole quite late and I ended up home working on the computer.

Meeting Ancsa was a great encounter breaking up the routine, we will try to meet again later... if it fits our time schedule.

---------
June 3

I couldn't really sleep last night and Eamonn was again drunk bragging up and walking naked around the flat, being loud and so. I was sleeping in Floh's room but he came there starting to fart around so I got mad and walked back into my bed.
I ended up being a bit ill finally during the day... probably because of the previous night breeze.

I tried to relax watching movies through the Internet (Goonies and WTC) but still I wasn't feeling well.

---------
June 4

Today I prepared to go to work. I wasn't feeling so well but it was alright in the morning, enough to go to work. I took the bus instead of walking and warned Aleks about it.

I was starting to work on the car deck today as part of my training to be a Seaman, doing the ropes. I obviously need to learn and train some more but it was alright. I just necesserily all know what to do and mostly it doesn't all come naturally all the time.

We arrived back a bit late so we got an hour overtime, the shitty thing is that we had to walk back home. And I couldnt use the bus as they end too early. And there was no bloody car passing by to try to hitch.
Fucking annoyed.

-----------
June 5

It was a tough waking up, with the lack of sleep from the previous night (arriving so late from the walking).
Poole Dolphins, in old Poole
I still managed to grab some of my things to bring to the flat and get the keys, catching the bus to go to work. I went all fine most of the sailing but once in France, I was exhausted and on the way back I was feeling real bad, shivering and not working properly. I was going to the toilet all the time and obviously I was sick. I told everyone that I might not come tomorrow. Of course I needed to walk home again but I was so not feeling for it.

Hopefully a taxi stopped and took us a part of the way until home.
There was a party meeting organised tonight and Floh came back home with a couple of people but I was so sick and trying to sleep I couldnt bother meeting them. I had no energy and was shivering. It was quite bad, Adrian helped me to go to sleep in Floh's bed instead and brought me water while they spent the evening in the living room.

-------------
June 6

Ill day, shivering and dizzy. I called sick in the morning and slept nearly all the day

-------------
June 7

I woke up alright and went to work, passing by to leave the rest of my things at my new flat before hurrying to the ship. The working day went fine, I wasn't 100% recovered but there wasn't many passengers so it was alright.

It seems though that I made mistakes or forgot things on the work on the car deck. So  they weren't happy. I seriously don't understand what or why!
I have never really been told the job description either.
So I never really know what I should be doing and in what order, it seems there is always something more adding up or who is doing what. It look that I always seems to be expected somewhere else when I start a part of the job. Anyway it was the last day now.

I got a lift with one of the new crew and could stop to get some of the things at the flat before going home with him. That helped, though floh and Eamonn where using some of the stuff I was coming to pick. I started to place my things in the room and went to sleep: In my new appartment in Lower Parkstone all quiet.

rockandbull says:
well I just wanted to prove this mail.. and to know new friends
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007