About full moon

Olsztyn Travel Blog

December 2

I woke up in the morning to prepare to leave, which was pretty hard as I spent long time on the net in the late night and finally had a short night.
Anyhow I took my time and was fully ready by mid-morning.

It took me a while though to find my soap back which I seem to lose and forget anytime.
Then Anja brought me to a bus stop where I could catch a bus to out of town and start hitch-hiking.

It was a marbelous sunny day and slightly chilly but with my thermal clothing and jacket and so I dont have problem with that. So I rewached till the exact city border and then started hitch-hiking, it toiok a while but after less than an hour I had a riude in a mini fiat till 25 km from Olsztyn. So most of the hundreds km distance were done.
Copernicus
I was so tired that I also couldnt stay awake and felt asleep... probably at the damn of the driver who as well couldnt talk much with me either.

He left me in Olsztynek and then I simply had to walk a little beforte finding a lift quite fast at the edge of that town. I reached Olzstyn in no time but by 4hpm it was already dark. So I needed to walk and find Jaroty district where Marek lives.

Luckely with my polish phone number it was easy to communicate and I caught a bus and we met at the bust stop where I was getting out. For the evening we took it easy, I received a great veggie meal, talked and another hc member came to visit. Later on we simply put on a movie (exils) which we listened till later before heading to sleep. It was a great feeling with seeing the nearly full moon through the roof window of the building where Marek lives with other people.

--------------
December 3

A day that took long to start, we finally went out to the old town of Olsztyn in the afternoon. So It was quite impressive, I liked it, the castle and the buildings were nice. I didnt have any expectation so... there was also a statue of Copernicus, where he was killed or actually where he lived I'm not sure.

We had a short walk until dusk, in the quietness of the old town. We stopped at a vegetarian restaurant called Greenway (just like in Belgium) and enjoyed the meal that is pretty cheap and delicious too.
Marek needed then to go to a meeting and I stayed with the other local hc member girl to slowly keep on walking and go to back to Marek's place in the suburban area. There I stayed pretty lazy and used the net until they were back.
HC ppl and Copernicus
I posted on HCVOL forum board and we after that we talked while hearing Ola, Marek's flatmate, making her attempt on the perpetual same song on the guitar.

I either also watched a movie with his flatmate before heading to sleep... or was it the next day? (A history of Violence)
---------------------
December 4

Today has been a lazy day spent with Marek, we talked, chilled and went to the supermarket. So that we would have a great dinner and that I would have goods on my bag for the next hitch-hiking day.

We talked and had fun the rest of the day, listenning Ola plays the guitar (attempt to).
Later we talked and planned my route and so, they also wrote me a little guide to show to potential driver saying that im a nice person and that i dont understand Polish... funny.

mm I dont remember that much though now, except its been sleeping and then preparing for the the early morning where I would be leaving the city really early!
Copernicus Statue