Spychowo - Pensjonat Kipnick

Spychowo Travel Blog

Pensjonat Kipnick

After a nice drive from Pułtusk through forests and some nice winter scenery, we finally arrived at the Kipnick Guesthouse in Spychowo.  It has a nice location on a little lake, pretty grounds and surroundings.  It's a good thing that I have winter tires because once I got off the main road the access road was completely covered with ice and snow (this is new to me since I've never lived anywhere with really cold winters).

This part of the country, and Poland in general, I think, isn't much of a tourist destination in the cold winter months - unless you go to places that specifically specialize in cross country or alpine skiing, sledding, sleighing or snow sailing.

Pensjonat Kipnick
  None of these are available around here and as a result many places are closed.  We found that there was absolutely no place to get anything to eat, so we asked for lunch at the guesthouse.  This ended up being a great idea - the food was really good - beef rolls, kaszka, cucumber soup, picked cucumbers and pumpkin and a cake and tea for dessert.

After lunch we wandered around the grounds.  It sits close to a lake and a small canal connects the grounds to the main lake.  When the weather is warmer is must be a fantastic place for canoeing or kayaking.  We wandered around the edge of the frozen lake enjoying the fresh air and nice scenery.  The problem with this part of the world at this time of year is that by four c'clock it is completely dark.

Pensjonat Kipnick
  So, once it got dark out we headed back to the B&B and checked out their facilities - nice rooms with fireplaces for playing some cards or chess or reading a book, a pool table, a small bar, jacuzzi and sauna.  This would be a great place for a company to hold a conference or teambuilding event.

We arranged for dinner to be ready at 7 p.m.  We were the only guests in the place and it was like being at home.  The dinner was a cold meal - cold cuts, pickled fish, salads, cheeses and fresh bread with sliced tomatoes and butter.  For dessert there were some sweet cheese pierogi and tea.  After dinner we didn't do much at all, just talk, watch some television and I worked on my Polish lessons which I always carry along and usually don't pay enough attention to!

Pensjonat Kipnick
Pensjonat Kipnick. The rooms are c…
Pensjonat Kipnick. The rooms are …
Pensjonat Kipnick - inside my room.
Pensjonat Kipnick - inside my room.
Spychowo