Just killing time.....
Singapore Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
I spent 12 hours in transit in Singapore from 6.45am till 9.30pm, waiting for my connecting flight from from Rome to Australia! It was about 11 1/2 to 12 hours in total...........!
Some things you might consider doing if you have a very long transit like I did, or even a little less time, is:
1. Treat yourself to a shower - it makes it a whole lot better particularly if you've just come off a long flight or are going to board one. You have to book in so be sure to get it done when you arrive.
2. If you get a chance to take a little nap it really helps - It's the one thing I wish I did!
3. Singapore Airport run free 2hr tours along the Singapore River - once the tour has finished you can catch the shuttle or the train back out to the city before you re-enter the airport (if time allows).
4. Visit Orchid Road in Singapore if you want to go shopping.
5. The temperature ranges from 25- 35+ all year round with high humidity so comfortable summer clothes are highly RECOMMENDED!
6. Both terminal one and two have great shopping prospects. I was in Terminal two and caught the sky train to terminal one to kill time! You can find most things in this airport ranging from; fast food outlets, hotels, free movies, swimming pool & gym, bars, snack shops, clothing outlets, jewellery, perfume, electronics, books, alcohol, sporting.........pretty much everything you could want!
All the people seemed really friendly and can communicate quite well in English - now the national language of Singapore!