Day 6 - Last day in Quebec City

Quebec City Travel Blog

Well after yesterday’s adventures and subsequent late night, I decided to take it easy for the day and just relax before heading back to Montreal. Bene had to work at 8am and wasn’t going to be back until 1pm so I decided to sleep in until 12pm and then get all showered and stuff for when she got back. When Bene got home we decided to have lunch with her parents who had cooked crepes and ham, what a great meal! I smothered everything in brown sugar and maple syrup, I couldn’t have picked a better meal! After eating she decided to lie down and try to sleep for an hour or two so I decided to work on my travel blog and watch a little French TV. I managed to find the movie “Ghostbusters” in French and watched that for a bit before deciding to put my head down as well.

When I finally awoke and looked at the clock it was close to 5pm and had the biggest craving for a poutine! I woke Bene up and soon we were on our way to rent a movie for the night and make a stop at Ashton which supposedly sells the best poutine’s in Quebec. To my shock and dismay, Bene hadn’t seen Superbad so I headed right for the comedy section at the video store and picked up a copy. After making a quick stop at a gas station to see one of Bene’s friends we were on our way to Ashton since I was dying to have a poutine! Well I do have to say that Ashton lives up to its reputation! I really wish we had places like this in Calgary, I think they’d be very successful out west!

Once we were done filling our tummies we headed for home so Bene could finally see the movie “Superbad”. Just like the movie “Anchorman” I was in tears within the first few minutes from laughing so hard. By the time the movie was over, both of us had sore stomachs from laughing, it’s such a great movie!

It wasn’t even 10pm when the movie finished but both of us were pretty tired and we had to wake up at a half decent time so I could make the bus to Montreal in the morning. As I was heading to bed I received a message from Mario asking if I wanted to meet up when I got back into Montreal the next day so I sent him a message back and told him I’d message him when I got to my hotel in the afternoon. Although I was tired, I had a tough time falling asleep as I looked forward to being on my own again and getting to meet someone new, I guess that’s the life of traveling alone, I really have to do this more often!

Quebec City