Starting in Vancouver

Vancouver Travel Blog

Vancouver

This was my first time i'd gone so far away from home, so there was a mixture of excitment and being very very scared! I went with my friend that had lived out in Canada till she was 5, so we were very lucky to have people put us up while we were in Vancouver, it was the most amazing house, just down the road from Goldie Hawn haha Vancouver took my breath away with the views of the sea and the beautiful city and then from behind the extrodinary mountains!

We were only here for a week so wanted to do as much as possible, we got over to downtown Vancouver everyday by a little boat, once over there we explored the shops, loving it because everything was cheap and everyone was so friendly.

One day we went to Stanley Park this is one of Vancouvers top attractions, 1000 acre wilderness park. it was gorgeous, we decided to take it in by hiring rollar blades, this I could say was not one of our brightest ideas! Since it had been years since I had been on roller blades, it was more of a stumble and fall round the park more than a gentle roll! :) In the end we decided to give up the roller blades and went into the aquarium which is located inside Stanley Park. This was amazing, over 60,000 creatures including whales, sharks, dolphins and sea-lions, there were shows throughout the day, well worth the price, which was about £10 for adults.  While in Vancouver we also visited Granville Island, which was formly a industrial area which was changed in to a tourist attraction with, restaurants, a massive market and art studios.

We were extremely lucky while we were in Vancouver, as well as a lovely family taking us in to their beautiful home, they also took us to see the plane they owned. it was only a small 3 seater plane but it was still amazing to see, while we were there they also arranged for us to have a flying lesson! So the first and probably last time I got to fly a plane was over vancouver! it doesnt get much better than that! The views were spectacular!

This was such an amazing way to finish our trip in Vancouver, I loved every moment and one day would like to return to spend more time there.

The plane we flew