Long Travel Day...

New York Travel Blog

Travel days are such an ordeal. Making sure you have everything, getting to the airport in enough time for your flight. No matter how many times you do it, it's always stressful. After buying a few things at the Walgreen's I took the Subway to L.A union station and caught the flyaway bus to LAX, whic was actually pretty easy. My flight took of on time at 1:45pm

This was my first time flying with Virgin America and I have to say that it's probably my favorite carrier now for domestic hops. Too bad it doesn't have a more extensive network. The entertainment is great, the seats are pretty comfortable and the service is great all around. Anyway, it was rainy and cold when we arrived at JFK and we had to wait forever on the tarmac before we could park and get off. Once off, I was starved! we grabbed a bite to eat and then made it over to the Aitrain so that we could take the subway.

Once on the subway it was an hour long ride into Manhattan, but it was nice and convenient. Few cities in the world have a 24 hr transit system as efficient as NYC's! We exited at 28th street and it was pouring rain and about 45 degrees. We walked two blocks to our hotel (The Latham Hotel) and checked in. The hotel was cheap (70 bucks a night) and it was actually better than I expected. The room was clean and so was the shared bathroom. The bed however, was pretty uncomfortable as I sunk right into the middle! the pillows were also really flat, so I supplmemented them with my jacket. For 70 bucks though, it wasn't bad!

I was eager to explore Manhattan the next day!

michellepowell says: