Costa Rica - December 2007

Costa Rica Travel Blog

This was my first trip to Central America. Why Costa Rica? Because it is a very interesting small country, with a big variety of environments, wild life species, and a few active volcanoes.

It was only a one week visit so this could only be a quick overview. There are so many things to see and do in Costa Rica, I guess I will have to go back some other time...

I spent a few days in the Arenal area. Unfortunately it rained a lot so I wasn't able to admire the volcano and see the lava flows at night. Had a try at the sky trek adventure which was good fun.

The second half of the week was spent in San Gerardo de Dota, in Savegre Mountain Lodge where I participated in a photo workshop: "Resplendent Quetzals and Hummingbirds". I am not much into bird photography but this was really a great and enjoyable experience. I can only recommend it, as well as the Mountain Lodge where we were staying. This is paradise for bird watchers and photographers and from what I heard one of the best places in CR to see the rare Resplendent Quetzals. You can admire this amazing bird from pretty close if you go to the area where they feed very early in the morning... Also a great place to relax and to hike, with good service and excellent food!

I hope you enjoy those few pictures from that trip.

eefab says: