London, Bath, Stonehenge, the Cotswalds and Manchester

United Kingdom Travel Blog

After almost not being allowed back in the country - I had a cranky immigration woman give me a hard time as I returned to England - I was back in London for some rest and relaxation. Mind you, I was out for dinner most nights and even got to see one of my friends, Tim from Melbourne, play a gig with his band!

I did a day tour of Bath and Stonehenge. It was absolutely freezing at Stonehenge, despite the blue skies. I was glad to have visited though. We were there as soon as it opened, so it was great to be able to beat the crowds. Bath is a gorgeous city and I'm sure I could've spent longer there than the few hours I had.

I had a scrumptious afternoon tea in Notting Hill and then went out afterwards to a bar. I was there with a couple of friends, and we found out the hard way that it was bloody expensive to buy a round of gin and tonics - 3 for 19.5 pounds!!

Kate arrived to spend a week in the UK. We spent the time visiting Alex and newborn bub Ethan, cycling and exploring the Cotswald villages and visiting James in Manchester. Some of the highlights of the week were: getting a lift from a lovely woman in the Cotswalds as we were walking to our accommodation from the train station; seeing a calf being born on a farm in the Cotswalds; catching up with James and; visiting the christmas markets in Manchester. After bidding Kate farewell, it was only a couple more days in London before I was to visit Ireland.