Oh My Blonde God!

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

We were dizzy at the first glimpse of the scenery on our first visit to the beach in Phi Phi.  This place was nothing like Puket.  The average age was closer to 25 and the amount of over tanned tight bodies with perky pleasantries out for the world to see was truly overwhelming.  We had no choice but to pay for a beach recliner and take a seat to allow our minds to soak in the reality of this heavenly place.

We were only planning on staying on the stunningly beautiful and expensive Island for a day or two our route to quiet Kolanta to the south.  Two single guys were powerless against the Swedish temptations.  Every day is a Friday night and my body was not accustomed to day after day of injections of liquid courage required to break the ice with the beast the planet has to offer.

There were just so many beautiful girls I felt guilty not boozing it up to the wee hours to take advantage of the situation laid before me.

Ms. Lee's guesthouse was a popular place.  Like most it was packed with Swedes.  I was told by several people that about 400, 000 of Sweden's 9 M make their way to Phi Phi every year and I believe it.  The very tonal up and down accent was unavoidable on all corners of the small island.  A few games of pyramids, kings, and asshole, in front of Ms. Lee's was a sure way to start the night off right with a constant rotation of Blonde Bombshells.

After about a week of waking up with only a few hours of light left for long range Frisbee we finally gave in.  I decided to check out the rock wall and was pleasantly surprised by the number of routes available on the stacked limestone face.

I met up with a couple climbers who were, as climbers are, overly friendly and eager to help.  I tagged along using their gear and got a couple days in for free.  The from the top of the wall of the thin strip of palm trees with beach on the north and south and mountains on the east and west was unquestionably the best on the island and possibly the most beautiful beachscape I have ever seen.  There were plenty of routes available at my grade that could have entertained me for several more days but we had to rush to catch our boat to Krabi since Brenden was flying to Vietnam.

kickasstunner says:
too many beautiful girls to feast your eyes on huh?:P haha
Posted on: Apr 22, 2008