Day two....Pineapples anyone?

Wahiawa Travel Blog

hey who's that in my shot?
We still had friends coming in on the second day but not until the afternoon. So we decided to go to the Dole Plantation .
The trip there from Waikiki was about  1 hour or so. There wasn't that much traffic so it was a pretty relaxing ride. The scenery reminded me of the Philippines , but cleaner haha.

It was after all summer and the weather was pretty hot. So what do 5 people do at a Pineapple plantation on a reasonably hot day? Answer... The huge Pineapple Maze. Now the whole point of this is to go through the maze and at each "post" you place your card in the slot and trace the image onto your card as proof. You are supposed to mark your time in the beginning and in the end mark you time and see who completed it faster.
waiting for the train to leave
We got about 80% done but the heat was getting to us. As you will notice in this blog I always didn't have the appropriate food wear. With that said...word of advice, don't wear flip flops if you are planning on completing the Pineapple Maze. You won't only get dirt on your feet but also get sllightly sunburned. ouch!

Our mouths were dry and so we went into the little caffeteria that they had inside. There were pineapples all over that menu and some items just surprised you. They only took cash which is a  bit of a bummer but a good lesson to always have cash on hand.  I had a pineapple frozen yourgut.. it was delicious, a bit sweet but not overwhelming. This was a good break because we still had to wait for the next train for the tour. It was between this or the Garden Tour and I'm kinda glad we chose the train ride.
field of pineapples

The train was small but fit two adults comfortably and three just enough to avoid feeling like your in a sardine can. Mind you the pictures taken were from a slow yet still moving mini train. If anything it was  a relaxing ride. and we got to see the amount of pineapple fields. After the ride they handed out fresh pineapples. Mmmmmm..that was the best piece of pineapple that I ever tasted!

after the ride we looked at the stalls for a moment then went back to the hotel. Since there was no need for 5 people to go to the airport the 4 of us went back to the beach and had a quick swim.

It was our friend JD's birthday that saturday so when he arrived we all went to dinner and then us 21 and over went to a club. Without knowing it Nina Sky was there and we got to see them perform 5 songs! It was a great impromptu concert!!! We danced and drank and had a wonderful time! I only wish we took our cameras!!
hey whos that in my shot?
hey who's that in my shot?
View from the train
View from the train
courtesy of my roomates camera...t…
courtesy of my roomates camera...…
Tanada Resevoir