I didn't know Princeton was in IL.

Princeton Travel Blog

5:01pm
Wow, who knew there was a Princeton in Illinois. Going through there now.

5:18pm
Met a nice British couple a talked to them for awhile in the lounge car. I finally have a plug now, so I can use my computer and charge my phone. Called home again for like the hundredth time...I guess I just want to let them know how interesting this trip. I also called Lauren to see how she's doing. I'm sure she'll be having a greater time in the city while I stare off into more and more farm land!

8:15pm
Just got back from the dining car. I had a nice meal with a woman named Lisa and her two daughters (I'd say ages 7 and 12). They live in OC. We chatted mostly about theater, but also of places to go in LA and the Jelly Belly factory north of Chicago. We crossed the Mississippi during dinner as well.

I'm liking this trip more and more. It's such an amazing feeling to cross the country all on your own. I love meeting new people and making friends with people who are from all over the country. The whole experience makes you think just how much larger the world really is outside some little place you call home. Although, I still need my ocean. Can't live without that!
Princeton