SIGGRAPH, day 1

Los Angeles Travel Blog

8:56am
So walking the streets and finding my way around instead of using a shuttle has made me realize some major differences between LA and NY. I should have wrote some down at the time. The one that I noticed right now is the price of parking. The FLAT rate for a day's parking is only $5. Oh, and the lot I just passed has monthly parking for only $60. Crazy.

12:27pm
Wow lunch was something. It was even more expensive than TCNJ. Cheeseburger, fries, soda, and a cookie...$13.10. Good thing TCNJ is paying for it.

Oh yeah, and I sat at a table of four with Dennis Muren. If you don't know who he is, I quote StarWars.com, "Dennis Muren is the Senior Visual Effects Supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic. Recipient of eight Academy Awards for Best Achievement in Visual Effects."

2:14pm
Here we go...Mr. Lucas' speech.

Awesome...that was a great keynote, but I wish I didn't have to watch it on a giant scene.

7:18pm
I'm sitting in on a session about interactive peripherals for video games. Look who's here! Harmonics, Konami, EA, and Logitech. Harmonics (the company that works on Karaoke Revolution) introduced several new things. One is a new rhythm game with a guitar. The guitar has I believe six fret buttons and a couple other things on it. Beatmania is another game coming out with a DJ turntable (awesome). DDR Extreme 2 comes out for Christmas. Karaoke Revolution Party is coming out soon as well. This one combines Karaoke AND Dance Dance Revolution! The new EyeToy can track head movement (to look around corners and such). There was some XBox360 in-house software shown as well. Other items include the Clam, Sony Depth Capture camera, and a new Logitech steering wheel with pedals.