Seeing Me Seeing You

Ottawa Travel Blog

Musical

So, whats been happening folks?

Its strange, since leaving England I have no idea whats going on back home, I didnt even know Heath Ledger had died until my sister sent me a message informing me! Its not that I need to know everything thats going on, most of the time I try to avoid the gossip and crap that fills the papers but just not knowing what new music is out, whats happening in London and what my freinds are doing is weird. I suppose its because I'm out exploring the big bad world, which is fantastic by the way! It funny but we've settled into things pretty well now, it actually feels like I could just pop home any time I wanted to and see everyone. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm thousands of miles away in a totally different country, you'd think the snow I have to tramp through everytime I go outside would be enough of a reminder wouldn't you.

Moody
Rachel says I've starting using a lot more Americanisms, thinks like pants instead of trousers, intersection instead of cross roads etc, I haven't been aware of my transition but I guess I wouldn't be!

So, getting back to actual things I've been doing....

We took a tour of the House of Parliament. Its very grand and ornate, as every Parliament is. It was modelled on our Parliament, which figures seeing the Queen seems to still own Canada. The House of Commons and the Senate rooms are copies of our Parliament rooms, even down to the colour of the chairs. They do everything the way they do because we do it that way. It was all very lavish, the most spectacular room being the Library, which was the only room we weren't allow to take pictures of.

Cheeky
 Its the only room in the building that is the original from the first construction. There was a massive fire in 1834 which destroyed pretty much everything apart from this one room.  The rest of the building is alot of stone and marble but the library is all wood, the floor, the walls, and the shelves are wood. Which is kinda ironic I think.

The part I liked most was kind of small and most people probably never even notice that they are there but I spotted them. Call me sad, call me anything you want but I don't care. I like Gargoyles! They call them Grotesques over here but I think they're cute, all with their own little personalities. In the bell tower, tucked into each of the four corners was a little plaque with a 15cm tall replica of the fellas that were decorating the exterior of the tower.

Shy