How to connect and share while moving around the planet

Bacon Travel Blog

In today’s hurried world staying in touch with people has never been easier, yet we often forget the simple touches of yester-year that can make a big difference while traveling the world. Since I am a techie preacher and I enjoy using tools that make a difference and are affordable while traveling I found this tool to be so cool.
When I typically travel over the years we have always tried to pick up a local postcard and send it from that places visited.

I now send snail mail out at least once a week to someone regardless if I am traveling or not. In the last year I have mailed out over 500 pieces of mail from my PC as cards or postcards for business, family and friends and never had to purchase a card at the store, lick a stamp or go to the post office. Plus I can ad my true signature on the card, upload my own pictures as well and include gift cards, checks for birthdays etc. It is an amazing technology and it boils down to about o.62 cents a card plus postage. I have even sent a card to a business colleague in Australia and she received it in less than 1 days. My funniest response was sending a card to President Bush and request his presence to a Prayer Breakfast. I was blown away when I got a letter in the mail for consideration. Unfortunately I got the second letter the other day informing me that the President could not attend after all. So having the white House respond should tell you that this is not some cheap card deal.

It is possibly the best tool I have ever seen for organizing and follow up in the mail for family and business clients for the mail box touch. Here is what you can do with an account that is web-based:

1. Choice among thousands of professionally designed cards and postcards that are as good or better than any store bought cards
2. Save on average $1-2.00 per card you have mailed over locally purchased cards.
3. Upload your entire electronic address book from Excel
4. Schedule the day to be mailed days, weeks or months in advance
5. Include checks, gift cards etc with any card as you might desire
6. Have a reminder calendar for up coming birthdays etc .to stay on top of good communication
7. Make people feel thought of again with a touch to the mail box. It might not be hand written, but they still know you took the time and money to send a card in the mail and that still means more than a free e-mail sent to an inbox.
8. Create follow up campaigns for clients. Example: create 5 cards to follow-up on a new home owner after you sold them a home. A great way to show you care and have not forgotten about them. The list could go on, but you get the picture.

I was on sabbatical this past summer and went and had a dozen or so cards mailed from a public library I went to. I took my digital camera and logged onto the internet. I found the picture of our family and uploaded into a 4th of July greeting card. I wrote just a brief not and signed it Pastor Peter. Then I choose all the families in my ministry and then hit send. About 5 days later each family got a card in the mail with a picture of our family from South Georgia. So the next time you travel consider this service and really surprize your friends and family with a cool postcard with picture from that part of the world.   here is a link to try it for free on if you need to try it free first. And yes I end up paying the cost! Imagine that a free gift!