Sobrassada

Barcelona Travel Blog

I had my second anti-vegetarian moment. And I´m sure there are much more to come. Oh, well, when in Spain...

We went out for tapas last night and there were tons of delicious little foods: patatas bravas, pescados, and queso galore. There was this delicious-looking tapa with brie cheese and some kind of paste on bread. It was delicious, of course, but the sauce was made of pork, as I found out after I ate it. It´s called Sobrassada, a type of cured sausage from Mallorca, the largest of the Balearic islands. I´d definitely recommend it to any carnivores out there... I´m such a bad vegetarian. I also had paella de mariscos for breakfast today (although it was around 3 pm), which was also delicious (Betty made it herself!) but I don´t know if peeling the skin and legs off shrimp is something I like to do right after I wake up. :)

kbkenned says:
uh oh i hope your stomach can handle the introduction of meat to your diet! i think my friend jeff could stay completely vegetarian when he lived in valencia for an entire summer.....buena suerte (correct mi espanol por favor) hehehe muah!
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008
mamacitapatti18 says:
Hola mija! Yo te amo muchisimo! Love reading your updates. I am smiling thinking of you! Be safe, have fun, learn lots and call your mamacita! Dad and I send you hugs and kisses....and a certain someone gorgeous is sending you lovin' too!! She is a lonely puppy without her sis!! xoxo
Posted on: Jan 21, 2008
bonshaf says:
Hey Linds,
Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself and doing well. Wishing you great adventures!
Love,