La locura de la señora

Barcelona Travel Blog

As many of you know or have read by now, I live with a woman here named Betty. She cooks me yummy dinners, does my laundry, corrects my spanish when I say something that doesn´t make sense, and is just pretty awesome in general. However, she´s crazy.

She´s been cooking pretty healthy meals for me (usually some kind of fish and vegetable dish), which I definitely appreciate. Then the other night, she said something to me about a ¨regimen¨(diet). She had told me previously that she wanted to lose the weight she´d gained since Aisa, her two-year-old grandson, came to live with her. But I thought she was telling me I needed to go on a diet! But kind of missed what she said exactly, so I asked her again later and she proceeded to tell me all about this crazy, digestive-cleansing diet she goes on every spring in which she doesn´t eat a thing for eight days; she just drinks ¨Sirope de savia,¨a syrup made of mineral water, maple syrup, lemon juice, and dash of cayenne pepper.

Sounds like an ¨infarto¨ (heart attack) waiting to happen if you ask me... And seems like it´s only a very short-term weight loss technique (you gain back all the weight when you start eating again, right?). But she seems to know what she´s doing... I think she´s starting sometime next week... That will be fun.

I´m leaving for Ireland today, and she made me a sandwich with goat cheese, shrimp, lettuce and cucumber (sounds strange, I know, but a whole lot more delicious than drinking syrup!). Will report on Ireland when I return on Monday night. ¡Ciao!
bshafrin says:
that's the beyonce diet!
if it worked for B, then I trust it wholeheartedly. except for you, b/c you are beautiful already!
Posted on: May 10, 2008