The Sound of Music

Salzburg Travel Blog

Ok, so on a whim, I decided to skip Milan and go to Salzburg. Its in Austria, (not Australia) and is the birthplace of  Mozart.  The things you learn while on the road. I was able to cover the whole town my first night there, and went to a castle my second day. The castle was cool and filled with old relics from the area, especially from the first World War. Though they didn't have much from War World 2. Barely any mention. It like it didnt exsist for them. The movie The Sound of Music also took place in Austria. They had tons of tours for it, though I wasnt particularlly interested. I also managed to find a cool bar and met some students from the States. Though some of them werent cool since they cock blocked me. But no worries. I was extremely jealous though of all the skiing and snowboarding that is done in the country. It made me wish I had my board so I could have a few runs on their powder filled trails. Also I tried the local weiners and bratwurst. How could I not? The best was the pusta krainer. Theres a weird capital B in the word pusta. Ive been told it means two ss. why they just dont use two s's is beyond me. Also they spoke german. Ze Germans.
Salzburg