A Silver Lining

Sydney Travel Blog

After 3 days in Sydney, it finally stopped raining today. I guess it sometime rains in paradise. There was a few setbacks, like any other place. The first was the hostel I was staying at. Apparently I booked it for November, not January. Only me. The didn't have any rooms the first night I was there but it was ok. I just stayed at another place and came back the next day.

I've seen the Art Gallery and they had this amazing piece. Tim Johnson 's Lotus  Bloom. I also stopped by the Australian Musuem. They had a couple of weird exhibits. Like the skeleton and faces exhibit. (faces was just a bunch of blow up close up of different gorillas)  I walked around a bit, and even went out last night. Granted I went out with a lesbian to a gay bar, but I had a blast. We just danced and drank and stumbled home. And the best thing I've done so far was learning to surf at Bondi (bond-eye). I even stood up on my board today. I have two more lessons which I hope I'll improve. I'm def gonna try to keep it up at home. I'll be able to ride the snow and the water. : )  Though I still won't get use to swallowing all that sea water.

Next up the Opera house.