Its Hot Hot Hot

Wakuraonsen Travel Blog

So I spent the next two nights relaxing at this little cozy town by the Sea of Japan. They are very well known here for their hot springs. Its like a natural jacuzzi. We stayed at this very old hotel. The rooms was a very traditional Japanese style rooms. We had breakfast and dinner served to us in a very tradtional way. It was like a 10 course meal. They also had hot springs bath. Its very different from everywhere else. It was more traditional and by that I mean public. Public as in fully nude with strangers. It took a bit to get accoustomed to, but its very normal here in Japan. The divide it up by sexes and its basically a giant bath. Granted you have to rinse and wash before getting in the hot springs but it was very relaxing. The even had one outside where you can watch the sunrise and sunset. I had the oppurtunity to watch a sunset from the hot springs. It was also a good time since there was less people.

The second day we went to a glass art musuem. They had an exhibit from a very famous glass artist. The colors and his works were very amazing. They also had a glass factory close by. I was able to blow two glasses. One for me and one for my uncle. And unlike my ceramic glasses, you can actually drink out of these.

Resources Reviews