EuropeItalyRome

Hail Rome

Rome Travel Blog

I just got into Rome today and I know what you're thinking. What am I doing sitting at a computer writing a blog instead of seeing the city. Well I got here late this afternoon, and also had to settle in. The hostel only took cash so I had to find a place to get some Euros (btw the conversion rate is killing me since I have dollars. Cmon US economy, even things out) I also took some time to sample the pizza here and get my bearings. I needed time to prepare, see where I am in the city, and where all the major sites I want to see are. It also hit me that I don't speak a lick of Italian. Sure I know some phrases, but I don't know the language well enough. Luckily some people here speak English. Being in English speaking countries spoiled me (I'm looking at you Australia and New Zealand). I also need to get to the embassy to expand my passport, find a laundrymat (my cloths are still wet from trying to wash them last night) and need to get to a post office (to mail my new Egyptian oils)  I'm def gonna spend like 8 to 9 days here. I also regret not getting stamp. I might go into Switzerland and then back to Milan and up to France just to get my stamp. Grr....I shouldve asked at passport control.
Rome