Rome Travel Blog

After being in Rome for 3 days, I realized that it's def not enough time. I spent my first day wondering around the city. The city is pretty big and definitely hilly. Too hilly for me. I walked to the Spanish Steps which were alright. The Trevi fountain was beautiful. Although it's a bit smaller than I thought it was. From there I wondered to the Pantheon. At first I didn't realize it was the Pantheon. I thought it was a basilica of the marytars, but once inside I saw signs for the Pantheon. After a few double glances, I realized where I was. It was breath-taking. The dome inside was huge and symmetrical. I also payed my respects to Raphel's tomb. I then wondered to Piazza di Navona and to Campi di Forte just to get lost a little. After I wondered back to the Pantheon. It was that great. I also saw this chapel with Michelangelo's fresca on the ceiling and the walls were adorned with skulls. Very very cool and gothic. I spent the previous night playing beer pong with this Aussie I met. We ended up losing one game and winning the other while spending this night doing a pub crawl. It was a good crawl but I got shit faced too early that I got sent home early. I spent the next day in bed. I even tried to go watch the Super Bowl but felt too sick and had to make my way back. After a good day sobering up, I ran some errands today. I got more pages added in my passport, went to the courier, and did laundry. I also went to the Vatican. I saw St Peter's square and the Basilica. The Basilica was enormous. I easily spent 1 and half hours just inside. Every turn I made I discovered something new. The whole Basilica was covered with art. From the frescas on the walls to the sculpture outside. Even around the square there was tons of sculpture. 100 something of saints lined the columns around the square. There's also this one spot where you stand and it looks like one column.

photo by: vulindlela