The Clocks Ticks Till Midnight

Sydney Travel Blog

It's my last day in Sydney and it feels like it passed by so quickly. The following day after my first surf session, i decided to go to a local sports bar up the road from my hostel to watch the Giants game. Surfing... football...surfing...football. It was a hard choice but i decided on football. It actually worked out in my favor. The lesson was canceled due to bad weather. (we've been getting a lot of that here lately) At the bar I happened to meet another American. He was there since 7 am to watch the Chargers game. He's from San Diego. He was telling me how earlier there was these two drunk Irish guys giving me a hard time for watching American football. Too bad I wasn't there. Anyway we had a good time and eventually I met up with him and his buddy later on in the night. (his buddy is hilarious with a dirty mind to boot)

They took me to this place with $7 steaks. I have to say, it was delicious. It was quite possibly one of my best meals so far on this trip. (peanut butter sandwiches gets boring quick) We also played pool. They play it differently here than the states. The only use yellow or red balls, with no numbers. You also get an extra shot when the other player/team fouls (scratches). After we went bar hopping since each place was closing right after another.

I ended my sightseeing with a trip to the Opera house, and just wondering around town. I also visited the Aquarium, Wildlife Expedition (it where you walk through 9 different Australian habitats) and Taronga Zoo. I also roamed the Dominon and the Botanical Gardens. Sydney is such a beautiful city with an equally beautiful harbour. I'm glad I got to see so much of this city though I'm a bit sad I couldn't see more of Australia.

cheers