Bern Travel Blog

Instead of Geneva, I decided to head to Bern next. It's apparently named after bears. So i get in my first night, and find my way to the hostel. It was past the clock tower but they had more than one so I got a little bit lost. Eventually I did find it. I dropped my bags and headed out like I do in any new city. I explore the city center a bit and familiarized myself a bit to the area. When I got back and met my roommate, things got a bit interesting. We had a few beers at the hostel, and then went to this shady bar in a shady part of town. By a stroke of coincidence, we met our fourth roommate there. We talked a bit then he headed back. By this time I'm blacked out especially after smoking a joint before heading out. What I remembered was I was stuck in the bar's bathroom passed out worried how I was gonna get home. What actually happened, we walked back to the hostel, hung out some more, drank and smoke some more, and then I passed out in the hostel bathroom. Imagine my relief. The next day amid a killer hang over, we saw some of the city, saw the bear pits, and visited Einstein's apartment. Then i spent the rest of the day in bed recovering. Go Bern.
photo by: Vikram