Dampa sa Paranaque

Paranaque Travel Blog

Rina picking our dinner

The place called 'Dampa' in Paranaque, a city south of Manila, was our next stop after Intramuros.  My friends John and Rina suggested this place so I asked them to join us for dinner and besides Rina is the best person you could tag along if you want to get huge discounts and freebies! (That's because she's a local celebrity! Hehehe)  Juan was already craving for some authentic Filipino food and Adam was totally flaked out due to exhaustion and hunger combined so I figured it would be best to bring these guys in a not so touristy place like 'Dampa' and let them try some native seafood dishes.

The 'crazy' fish market

I should've imagined how crazy it would be if I bring white guys in a place like that! Hahahaha! They were instant celebrities! The vendors just wouldn't stop shouting while annoyingly persuading us to buy in their stalls.  It was a total pandemonium!

We decided to settle first in one of the restaurants and waited for the couple to arrive since Rina is the one who knows what to buy and which stall to buy the freshest seafood.

After half an hour of waiting, the couple finally arrived.  Rina hurriedly went to the fish market with Elaine. But Juan and Adam wanted to see how Rina conducts her business on the fish market so we decided to join the ladies.  The frantic fish vendors were desperately waving their hands to catch our attention but Rina has already chosen the perfect crabs, shrimps, squid and fresh tilapias for our dinner so we walked back to the restaurant to have the fishes cooked the way we like it.

While waiting for our food, John ordered San Miguel Beer pale pilsen for the boys! That was actually the best part of it! LOL!!! I really miss that beer so much that I actually included it in my list of "things-to-do while I'm in Manila." Itaas mo!!!

Five different types of deliciously cooked seafood dishes were served to us and after less than an hour of feasting on the sumptous dinner, we've decided to call it a night and find some place to rest before heading to our next destination - Tagaytay City.

The crazy fish market
The 'crazy' fish market
This is the best beer!
This is the best beer!
Munching with Rina and John
Munching with Rina and John
Beer and Green Mangoes with my goo…
Beer and Green Mangoes with my go…