Hong Kong trip - December 2007
Hong Kong Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
So after a 3.5 hour flight from Dallas to San Francisco, a plane change and then a painfully long 14 hour flight from San Fran to Hong Kong, we were there. Unfortunately because of that class I took (obviously the class was an excuse to go I wasn't all that interested in actually being in class) I wasn't able to see a lot of the things I wanted to see but I definitely got some cool pics out of it which I attached.
Things I learned in Hong Kong:
1. If I ever moved there I would just have to accept that fact that I'm not going to get hit on nearly as much as I would anywhere else - those boys just love their tiny little asian women! which is fine, you know, WHATEVER
2. Get the cab drivers talking - some of them are pretty funny - one even told me I should have "MANY boyfriends in hong kong"
4. Don't expect great cheap shopping in Hong Kong - its like New York City....the stuff thats actually cheap is just that, cheap. I got a pretty cool oil painting for $7 though. Cheap shopping is in China.
5. Pollution is going to ruin all of your good pictures even on a clear day
6. If you don't know what something is, don't eat it without asking. You just really never know ....could be a foot or a head of something...
7. Pizza hut is a nice restaurant
8. Oh maybe I learned a little bit in school too....like here's a piece of China trivia: the population of Shenzhen (the first city into China from Hong Kong) went from 90 thousand in 1979 to 13 million today!!