Eat this, Adventure World!

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Genting theme park!

Today was the day for exploring the theme park and heading off to KL city. But the first cool thing that happened to us was on the bus to the cable car. The night before we'd been disapointed that the main character from the show we saw didn't come out to take a photo with us, but after talking for a while to a random person on the bus I found out that he was the guy! Even better, he was very friendly and posed for another photo with us.

As for the theme park ... well I've never been anywhere like that other than Adventure World in Perth, which is pretty tame, so naturally I had a great time. The only ride that properly freaked me out was the Space Shot, which goes straight up slowly and then drops straight down.

I'm starting to feel like a bit of a tourist attraction myself. Pretty much everyone gawks at me (it's not often they'd see a 2m tall white guy) and a couple have wanted to get pictures with me. It's not really so bad though. We knew it would be like that anyway.

Later in the day we took a taxi back to KL (this driver was pretty nuts too, actually KL drivers are all pretty nuts, so it's best just not to look), and had enough time to have a quick walk around. Lots of traffic, shopping malls, reflexology massage offers ... and curiously a few didgeridoo players?