The Day of Too Much Shopping

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Petronas Towers.

After spending most of the previous day at the theme park, it was time to do some more Debbie-like activities, which means shopping!

But before that we managed to make our way by monorail and train to the City Centre and take some pics from near the the third largest buildings in the world - the Petronas Towers (unfortunately we were too late to go up to the skybridge). We did however get to the top of the KL tower (400+ metres tall) and although the view was a bit hazy it was well worth it. The telescopes were also a bit of a voyeur's dream ... very powerful, and it made us a bit worried that people were watching us once we got back down to the ground.

Deb then caught up with her friend from her school days, Eric. I think she really enjoyed hanging out with him again (they haven't seen each other for years) and I quite liked his company too. Especially his tales about acting on a Malaysian sit-com.

But then the shopping started ...

We spent the rest of the day in two malls (KLCC and Mid Valley). I can handle a bit of shopping but this was a bit too much for me. Trying out the brilliant massage chairs at one store was a highlight, but by the end of the day I never wanted to see another shop in my entire life.