Santa Monica and Rodeo Drive

Santa Monica Travel Blog

Santa Monica Beach

Suffering from a bit of jet lag (walking straight is proving a problem - could have been the wine last night?)

We were off to see the sights of Santa Monica and Rodeo Drive.  Tour OK but shopping centre just another shopping centre!!  Big mall but no special bargains.  We were picked up from hotel, taken to the depot, got off, got ticket, got on another bus, got off again (dropped at Santa Monica shopping centre).

Driver was a genuine pain in the you know what! Had something to say (not all nice, either!) about everyone and everything - including himself!  Wasn't disappointed to "lose" him!!  Hope we don't get him tomorrow!!!

Picked up by yet another driver and taken to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive.

Me and my favorite shop - VERSACE!
  VERY nice part of the city (we obviously didn't buy anything there!), really nicely set out with those who "want to be seen" dining at the posh restaurants.  There are lots of leafy, tree-lined streets with, probably, lots of EXTREMELY expensive houses therein.  We only spent about half an hour there but long enough to "take a pee" at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel (The Regent).  Very nice again - no paper towels there my friends.  They have little scented hand towels instead (was going to nick one but thought I'd better act a little refined!!).

We walked into versace and I was sprayed with "versace women" fragrance (that's about all I'll see of that one - out of my budget!), not that there were prices on anything!!!  Very nice to visit though.

Got back to hotel and bought a few souvenirs across the way - just so I could say I have started off the shopping!