The Lakes District

Windermere Travel Blog

After being fed and watered for breakfast - a quick photoshoot - we are getting expert at packing and loading up the car!

We are heading for the Windermere area with thoughts of staying around there for the night.

Stopped for morning tea at a quaint little village and arrived at Windermere around lunchtime - it is very crowded - I guess it is the end of the school holidays but it is jam-packed with tourists.  Took a quick video of the lake shore and headed for the Tourist info to get some accommodation.

We have a Boutique hotel outside of the main area of Windemere and will travel back in to find a spot for dinner.  Beautiful location on the lake, we had a walk around a bit, but getting a little cooler.  I had a swim in the pool at the hotel - very nice.  I ran into a lady who asked me where I was from and when I said an hour out of Sydney, she said she had a friend in Sydney and did I know her??!!  I had to explain Sydney was not that small and I didn't actually live in the city!  Anyway nice to have a chat.

Dinner on the edge of the lake in a very nice eatery, fish and chips!!  Tomorrow we take up residence in our pre-booked accommodation - so am looking forward to that.

photo by: RJ82