John Paul Getty Museum and Movie Stars Homes

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Around the grounds of the JPG Museum

Our last day in L.A. - not totally sorry to be going!  We are doing the combo JPG Museum and movie stars homes, plus city tour.  8:15 am start so had fruit for breaky and headed for the bus.  Shock-Horror!! To our dismay - the driver picking us up was our obnoxious friend from the day before; and he was not happy at all.  He whinged and whined about being a "pick-up" service.  Anyway only had to put up with him until the depot.

First stop for the Getty Museum is 4.5 hours!!  All very nice there, I particularly liked the manuscripts and furniture ... but 4.5 hours??? ... is a little long?!  Have decided against going on to do anything else - so will try to get a ride back to the hotel (we have dinner booked for 7:00).

Well, we got a ride all right.  We were allowed to get on a bus delivering to the hotels but we left the depot at 3:00 pm and didn't get back to the hotel until nearly 5:00 pm.  Our little driver was, supposedly, Ethipian, and regaled us (we were the only two on the bus for about an hour and a half!!) with stories, jokes (mostly bad), singing (worse) and impressions (the worst), the whole time.

Suffice to say that we were happy to get off!! We gave him a tip, a smile (plastered in place by that time!), and sent him on his way.  The traffic was chaotic to say the least, which was why it took so long to get back (at least I tell myself that!!).

Had a very nice meal at the Hotel restaurant with bottle of wine and coffee liquor - we are off to bed for tommorrow we leave for VEGAS!!!

If you want to avoid getting caught out with tour lengths, etc., see my tip or for more tips click here.

Around the grounds of the JPG Muse…
Around the grounds of the JPG Mus…
Los Angeles General Tips & Advice review
Just a tip for the JPG, unless you really like art and hanging around with it (I know a lot of people do, so ignore me in that case), 4.5 hours is a l… read entire review