Santa Came

Merimbula Travel Blog

opening santas presents

Well today was Christmas Day and good old Santa Claus had come to Merimbula. It's amazing how he knew where we would be even though we had left Japan only two days ago  but he still manged to find us.  I had told mum that I thought that we would be around quite early but the little boy had other plans. Today he slept and slept and slept. I guess all our travelling had finally caught up to him and he eventually woke up at 10.30. He had a quick breakfast and changed his clothes and then we walked arooud to my mum's house. On our way my parents must have become impatient because mum had started to drive towards our apartment luckily she saw us so she didn't have to drive all the way especially now that the traffic was starting to swarm into town as Merimbula's population more than tripples over the Summer holiday.

painting his model

We walked into the house and we said to Rei look at all the presents under the tree they are all yours from Santa. I had never seen anyone rip off the paper as fast as him. When he first saw each present his eyes lit up a couple of games, a model boat that he had to make, a building set and some books. What more could a little boy want.

We played two games and played with his building set when Christmas lunch was served one enormous ham and a turkey, roast potatoes, roast pumpkin, roast carrots , peas and of course with gravy. Boy did I eat, it had been four years since I last had a traditional Christmas and I definately made the most of it. Over lunch mum told me she had won 5 hams in raffles so i guess they'll be eating ham for weeks. After eating until my eyes were bulging  mum brought out the Christmas pudding.

me feeding wild lorakeets that come to my mum's house
I was in heaven all my Christmas dinners had come at once.

After lunch we went out to the garage as Rei wanted to make his model boat. It was the first time he had used paints and he was getting really into it until he started mixing all the colours together what had beautiful ocean colour boat had now become a blackish, browny murkey colour boat. He really had a great time painting it. Once it dried  I put on the masks and we went for a walk down to back lake.Some people were fishing, some playing with remote control toys and my son playing with his boat all enjoying a wonderful Christmas day.

On the way home mum's lorakeets (bird) had flown back to be fed. They are not actually hers but a pair of wild ones that fly in everyday to be fed the 2 previous days they had been a little scared of us and wouldn't let us touch them but this time they were familiarised with us and they were back to their chirpy, playful ways eating seeds out of our hands.

Dinner that night was Christmas left overs that we would be eating for the next couple of days.

glennisnz says:
That Christmas Dinner must have tasted good after so long without such food and ofcause being with your Mum again. Nothing like Mum's home cooking!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2008
Devika1985 says:
so nice :)
Posted on: Jan 13, 2008
Andy99 says:
Glad you had such an enjoyable family Christmas!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2008
painting his model
me feeding wild lorakeets that com…
me feeding wild lorakeets that co…
another christmas present