Mandeni's recreational park

Merimbula Travel Blog

about to hit a shot

Today we walked around to mum's house and decided to go to Mandeni's recreational park about a 10 minute drive outside of Merimbula going towards Tathra but before we went we would have to go to the supermarket  and the fresh seafood shop to get some things for our BBQ. I don't think I have had a BBQ for about 8 or more years since i've been living in Japan so i was really looking forward to this. We bought steak (of course) hamburgers, garlic shrimp, squid, potatoe salad and coleslaw a feast fit for a king.

When we got to Mandeni's we chose a place for our BBQ in front of the golf range where the golfer aims for a target over the water about 100metres away.

just one more ball
While watching them I saw one person hit the target (the only person to hit it for the day).After seeing him hit it I decided to try my luck. For 6 dollars you got a bucket full of balls. I took a trusty 7 iron and topped the first one and it only went about 10 metres into the water.A little rusty indeed. The next 3 or 4 I either hooked or sliced but after that I hit the ball reasonably well.

Next was lunch time, I filled my plate up and enjoyed the juicey steak and other food and washed them down with a couple of beers.While the others were cleaning my son had gone over to a jumping mat, the same thing he had played on the day before in the caravan park. This time I decided to have a ago and actually it was great fun bouncing on that mat.

After they had finished up cleaning we decided to go out on the paddle boats ( The ones you have to use your feet to paddle) This was a lot of fun and much better than the usual ones as this boat goes through a creek rather than just going around a pond.

good shot rei
We found the steering to be quite difficult one minute we'd be going out into the reeds and then the next minute we would be back into the bank of the creek. We had 30 mins to explore the creek where we saw some ducks and a few other birds.

We thought we would all do a family thing next and we all played mini golf. The course was quite good and they used all natural material as there obstacles for example they had holes in rocks and trees on the course that you had to hit through.  There were no Tiger Woods like players amongst us but we all had a lot of fun.

Mandeni's was a very fun and enjoyable day other things that they have there is a golf course, archery and moutain bike trails if you are in the area and you have children I would reccomend this place.

On our way home mum decided to take us out to Tathra and have a quick swim at the beach to finish a good day. We also had a drive around the area looking at the beautiful real estate over looking the beach.

That night for dinner we had curry.

nice shot