Main beach

Merimbula Travel Blog

This morning we had to move out of my mum's friends holiday home as her son was coming in the afternoon from Orbost in Victoria to stay for awhile with his family for their summer holiday. Our new place was just a small motel a little bit out of town which, we couldn't walk into town from so my mum would have to pick us up whenever we wanted to go somewhere.

Today was just a relaxing day at the Main beach in Merimbula. We got there around lunch time and we thought we would do the typical aussie thing and have fish and chips on the beach. We walked down to the beach, which was absolutely beautiful  and unwrapped the fish and chips. I think they had made a mistake with our order because there was just way too much for us to eat but thankfully there was the greedy seagulls waiting to get there bellies full.

I t was quite funny watching the seagulls fight over each other to get at the food.

My son got his bucket and spade and started making sand castles while we did some sun baking soon he had made friends with a couple of children who were slightly older than him and they made a big tunnel in the sand. I sat for a while watching the kite boarders which looks very popular as I had seen them at the other beaches that I had been to.

We then went for a swim in the ocean but we couldn't go in very far as the waves were quite large and came crashing in but we had a good time playing around 4 o'clock as Merimbula's well known sea breeze started blowing in we went home as it was getting too cold. That night we had dinner at mums house and went back to the motel for an early night as we were all suffering from a bit of sunburn.

Merimbula